Disgraceful

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'll turn that right back - what does Nuhiu have?

Poor first touch, poor passing ability, poor finishing, poor vision.

He's just a big unit who holds it up and runs about a lot. That's Nuhiu described in a sentence.

Let me iterate I don't think Madine is at all good enough for us if we want to push on. But he's a damn sight better than Nuhiu.

Guest JonTheOwl66

At league 1 yes. He's shown nothing to suggest he can do it at championship level

Wonderfully tired cliche. The fact he can score that many goals at that level shows he's capable of making the step up.

If you think 11 starts before this season is a fair crack of the whip, in what, two seasons? Then I despair. Truly.

To be fair to Madine, his performances over the last month have improved and showed some fair promise, whereas both Nuhiu's and May's have dropped off.

I don't think Madine's less worthy of a start than those two at the moment, but none of the three are scoring at the moment which is the real problem, rather than which of our struggling strikers are the best.

We obviously need a new striker, and then let Madine, May, and Nuhiu fight it out for the other striker's shirt.

I'll turn that right back - what does Nuhiu have?

Poor first touch, poor passing ability, poor finishing, poor vision.

He's just a big unit who holds it up and runs about a lot. That's Nuhiu described in a sentence.

Let me iterate I don't think Madine is at all good enough for us if we want to push on. But he's a damn sight better than Nuhiu.

Nuhiu is inconsistent and what you've described is nuhiu when he was off form last season. The nuhiu who started this season was unrecognisable from that and even toward the end of last season he found the ability to finish.

Guest JonTheOwl66

The difference is the quality of the teams playing.

United were a dreadful championship side - but a good league 1 side. It's only natural that as teams get worse the role of your strikers will change.

That has happened with Madine. We need to change this emphasis off of the strikers being the playmakers to the midfield doing that job.

Guest Distraught!

That contradicts a previous post in which you asserted that Madine would score a ton for a top Championship club.

I don't agree with many of Jon's criticisms of Nuhiu's game, but I'm inclined to agree with his take on aspects of Madine's.

I do think Madine has a fair striker's instinct. Enough, that is, to find some mileage in his point about Madine either not getting enough game time or just being perhaps a bit down on confidence.

The confidence point in particular is not something that should ever be underestimated in football, perhaps especially with strikers.

In the absence of a new striker coming in then I think Madine ought to get a proper crack of the whip.

I do think Nuhiu works harder, and there's great value in such a forward, but a consequence of that is that he's not in the six yard nearly anything like as much as he should be, and that's obviously a problem with a side that's struggling to score goals.

Both Nuhiu and May have scored in the league this season, and I really thought early on that this was a potential partnership. I'm less convinced now. Obviously in part because of the lack of the goals, but their other contributions to the team are less than what they were too. Madine ought to have the chance to see what getting a goal will do for his confidence.

Guest JonTheOwl66

That contradicts a previous post in which you asserted that Madine would score a ton for a top Championship club.

I maintain that. But my concerns with Madine is simply he won't ever work here. Too many people have it in for him. He's never going to get regular game time because of the morons pushing him out.

For another championship side who create plenty of chances he'd score a ton.

It's inevitable Gary will be pushed out. Shame because he's a good player IMO.

I maintain that. But my concerns with Madine is simply he won't ever work here. Too many people have it in for him. He's never going to get regular game time because of the morons pushing him out.

You just said he wasn't good enough...

But you also have to take into account that he just isn't lol

Guest JonTheOwl66

You just said he wasn't good enough...

Good player and not good enough are entirely different beasts.

I want us to be a premier league side. Madine obviously isn't good enough for that level. We need to start building for that now, and Madine shouldn't be part of those plans.. Because as I intimated he would score goals at this level much like Antonio is with Forest, I don't think he will ever come close to being a premier league player - stating the obvious.

Hence why I said he isn't good enough - because my ambitions or hopes for Wednesday are the PL.

Good player and not good enough are entirely different beasts.

I want us to be a premier league side. Madine obviously isn't good enough for that level. We need to start building for that now, and Madine shouldn't be part of those plans.. Because as I intimated he would score goals at this level much like Antonio is with Forest, I don't think he will ever come close to being a premier league player - stating the obvious.

Hence why I said he isn't good enough - because my ambitions or hopes for Wednesday are the PL.

I agree with you on one thing, give him clear cut chances he's probably more likely to stick them in.

But he's not going to get them, so playing Nuhiu who is the better all rounder just makes sense in a team that doesn't create.