Disgraceful

Nuhiu started the season well and deserved his starting spot. Recently he's gone off the boil the same as others but Madine whilst showing real willing hasn't pulled up any trees either.

There isn't much between them at the moment so how choosing one over the other can be a "disgrace" is baffling. Unless you have it in for nuhiu which Ian always has done

why wouldnt he? Wud imagine they wer told the team at dinnertime

OK if he knew he was dropped..And thought he will express how annoyed he is on twitter (Which does not happen) with that tweet..It still makes no sense and has nothing to do with anything?

"Ha F** Ha "whatever it was..How do you put the 2 things together? It does not compute?  You people are crackers.

Guest JonTheOwl66

for games on a Saturday, players generally know the plan on the Friday.

they don't talk tactics & find out the team an hour before ko.

Yes exactly. They're usually top way in advance or an hour or so before.

Why three hours when they're probably travelling to the stadium?

Genuine question. 

Earlier you were citing Madine's tweet as a sign of his "passion". 

You have more faces than the bloody town clock. 

I do think it was about the football. 

Just strange timing that's all. 

Nuhiu started the season well and deserved his starting spot. Recently he's gone off the boil the same as others but Madine whilst showing real willing hasn't pulled up any trees either.

There isn't much between them at the moment so how choosing one over the other can be a "disgrace" is baffling. Unless you have it in for nuhiu which Ian always has done

It's disgraceful because Madine has had 1 start...read that again...1 start......and did enough in that 1 start to get another.....it's not like we dropped him for Hirsty...we dropped him for the person who's failed to score in 13 of his last 15 league games .....add in the Drenthe fiasco and disgraceful is putting it mildly

Guest JonTheOwl66

How can that tweet be related in any way shape or form to him not starting the game???

Fairly obvious how it can be related

The team was clearly picked for defensive reasons, both wingers were more defensively capable than drenthe and nuhiu, generally, has been very good at retaining the ball up front.

Had we been losing then drenthe would've come on sooner but we had a point to guard at the same time.

It's fairly obvious that neither Madine nor nuhiu are going to give a regular supply of goals at the moment but I think nuhiu retains the ball a bit better. If wood comes in then he jumps to the head of the queue

Edited by Bluesteel

Drenthe is more of a luxury player. Not sure he's trusted by SG in a tight game. On Sat he was thrown on to try and make a difference. He looked sharp but offered nothing defensively. With SG priding himself on being hard to break down isn't this obvious why Drenthe doesn't get more game time?

I didn't go tonight so I can't comment on any players performance, but from what I saw against Leeds, Madine offered far more than Nuhiu.

Neither are good enough at this level but if you're going to lump balls forward the best of a bad bunch at actually competing in the air for them is Madine.

As for Drenthe, well he offered more in 45 minutes on Saturday than what anyone has all season.

He's the only guy that can run at people and take them on, the only player who can suddenly take defenders out of the game and actually look like doing something productive. He's a flair player but its flair players that can turn a game in your favour.

We've become far too predictable and sides are now cancelling us out with relative ease.

Why would Madine find out the team three hours before KO?

Do you really think Gray announces the team Sunday league esque style fifteen minutes before kick off?

Of course the players would be aware of what the team will be in afternoon / evening of a game, especially if he was going to drop a player in favour of someone else.

Guest Deleted member

Gray can't play Madine cos the Clappers will protest. And without the Clappers nobody would turn up with current performers

Better to have somebody who runs slowly around the pitch for 90 minutes than a proper footballer

Clapper logic

It's posts like that which mean 90% of owlstalk think you're a nob

May looked dangerous a few times in the first half....showed real pace and a great first touch to create one chance for himself......no.9 shows nothing....absolutely nothing......I can see attributes in most players that their fans can put forward as a reason for them to start but I can't for the life of me see anything in him that would get him a contract at any club outside of the 6th tier of the Albanian league

Opposing managers and our own management team see what he brings and how much of a handful he is. Derby put a bid in for him in August. You know, the team sitting top of the league.

Excuse me if I take my opinion and theirs over yours. You clearly don't understand football or don't go.

Guest Deleted member

Personally I think Nuhiu is a much better footballer than Madine

The reason I agreed with the OP is that Madine did more than enough on Saturday to retain his place.

One of Grays indisputable strengths has been his man management. Dropping Madine after Saturdayy is bad man management