Disgraceful

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yep, I never go. I'm not a Wednesday fan and just come on here to wind people up.

You've figured me out lads.

I mean, ignoring the fact that I've been to 8 of the last 10 games, have been a Wednesday fan all my life and read ludicrous things like Nuhiu is a better footballer than Madine - yep, absolutely bang on.

Well played Dan.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Well said Jon, completely agree.

I reckon I've been to more games than yourself in the past few years.

Which means I'm an even bigger mug than you considering how were being phobbed off by the hierarchy.

Guest JonTheOwl66

We're in the Championship now. What has Madine proved in terms of goalscoring there?

Irrelevant. He hasn't played in a side that creates regular chances in the championship.

Nuhiu has (last season). Still didn't prove he's capable of putting the ball away.

I just can't take anyone who thinks Madine is a better player than Nuhiu seriously.

This.

I liked Madine against Leeds and the first half against Watford. But if your not going to offer a team game you have to be the one who sticks it in the net.

He doesn't and hasn't since league one. I hope he does start banging them in but seeing as the service isn't great, it makes sense to play Nuhiu for what he brings.

I didn't go yesterday , I was at work, so I won't comment on anyone's performance and I certainly wouldn't guess how they played to try and prove a point.

If Madine was a better footballer he'd be banging them in.

Nuhiu has improved from last season and has scored in a team that isn't creating many chances.

Nuhiu has dropped off since Leeds. But Madine has had chances too and has also missed them. Burnley, city, Leeds, Watford. He can score them but he needs to start doing it

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest JonTheOwl66

No player in the entire world scores every chance they get. Look at the very best players - who have a record of around 1 goal every 3 attempts usually.

Madine has proven that if given regular chances and starting games he can score consistently.

Nuhiu hasn't. The fact is - Nuhiu will never be a goalscorer. He has his positives in away games but for teams wanting to win games there's no point to the guy.

Madine has proven that if given regular chances and starting games he can score consistently.

Two and a half years ago.

In League One.

He's scored 5 goals since then in 50 appearances.

(During that time, Nuhiu has 13 in 59).

Edited by DJMortimer

What does Madine have?

He has next to no pace, has no ability as a 'number 10' in terms of creativity, has never shown any evidence of dribbling ability nor of smacking it from 25 yards.  He is a poacher, not a very good one, in a side that creates few chances.  He is OK in the air and OK at holding it up-  thats it.  At this level he is so far from being the answer it isn't even worth asking the question.

Nuhiu is by no means the finished article - but is a mile ahead of Madine.