That drop ball.

Thought that the referee had a poor game, but to be fair he can't insist that Reading return the ball from a drop ball. It is a sporting convention, and it reflect badly on Reading, but it isn't a rule.

It looked like the ref's initial decision was going to be for us to give the ball back to Reading's keeper though. He had no idea or recollection of who had the ball when he blew up to stop play. 

It looked like the ref's initial decision was going to be for us to give the ball back to Reading's keeper though. He had no idea or recollection of who had the ball when he blew up to stop play.

Correct. We were breaking at the time the free kick was given. On the re start the referee wanted us to give it back to reading. At which point Coke tried to inform the referee he was getting it massively wrong only to be shoved away two handed! He ended up giving a drop ball as he'd clearly lost the plot by then. Comical how Readings players and manager were arguing it!!

Correct. We were breaking at the time the free kick was given. On the re start the referee wanted us to give it back to reading. At which point Coke tried to inform the referee he was getting it massively wrong only to be shoved away two handed! He ended up giving a drop ball as he'd clearly lost the plot by then. Comical how Readings players and manager were arguing it!!

Him shoving Coke was proof that he had completely lost the plot.

He was no longer in control of his own actions, hadn't a clue what he was doing and was panicking. Not fit to referee.

To be fair to the ref a second, he had no idea who had the ball when he stopped the game because he seemed to think Semedo(?) was in serious need of medical attention.

The Reading players deserve more criticism for their dirty tactics and unsportsmanship.

Absolutely clueless. Stopped play for the drop ball then later allowed play on while our guy was down In their box. May was brought down in very similar circumstances to their penalty, told to get up. Totally inconsistent except for being consistently inept.

So glad we took all 3 points.

You know, I think you're not alone, there.

Its bad form init.... Just got back and im convinced the ref & shiite linesman on south stand side are gutted about the result.

No one can convince me they weren't cheating. Disgusting, we've had some rubbish refs this season but this cooont was by far the worst.  

To be fair to the ref a second, he had no idea who had the ball when he stopped the game because he seemed to think Semedo(?) was in serious need of medical attention.

The Reading players deserve more criticism for their dirty tactics and unsportsmanship.

I know what you mean, and Cox is certainly a dyed-in-the-wool jerk, but they looked quite a bit like Wednesday, to me. Good defence, not very good at creating chances, but very well organised. I think they will be up there in the shake-out, come Easter. I hope and believe that we will improve even more and that they will be looking at our dust, by then.

Guest TonyOwl88

I just found that whole game confusing. Nothing seemed to make sense, and there was so little football played, (thanks Mr. Haywood). Impossible to follow. Hated the game, but loved the result. 

Thought that the referee had a poor game, but to be fair he can't insist that Reading return the ball from a drop ball. It is a sporting convention, and it reflect badly on Reading, but it isn't a rule.

100% true.  Most of our fans haven't a clue about the Laws of football.  (But most probably have better eyesight than that ref)

I know what you mean, and Cox is certainly a dyed-in-the-wool jerk, but they looked quite a bit like Wednesday, to me. Good defence, not very good at creating chances, but very well organised. I think they will be up there in the shake-out, come Easter. I hope and believe that we will improve even more and that they will be looking at our dust, by then.

I didn't think they looked that solid actually, we got in behind them a number of times just lacked the final ball or finish. We also kept the ball MUCH better than they did, thought our midfield dominated theirs.