Antonio

Let's not kid ourselves, we had to sell Antonio, the money was needed elsewhere.

Definitely but I do think that Gray was a little frustrated by MA. Whatever; Forest are doing Ok out of the deal and let's be honest we're looking far better than any of us really dreamed of in pre-season too.

Just a couple of players light of being strong play off candidstes IMO.

Edited by Dagmeister

Let's not kid ourselves, we had to sell Antonio, the money was needed elsewhere.

That is clear, due to the takeover and sponsorship issues. However I have no problem with us selling a player who didn't seem to want to be here anymore to fund more much needed recruites.

As with all decisions it is a gamble but so far one which has paid off. Time will tell if it continues to do so.

If Gray feels we are stronger now, then I'm happy that the sale of Antonio has helped him shape the squad more in his own image. I would be happier still if the chairman backed the manager in the way he suggested he would. Giving him the rest of the Antonio fee would be a start.

If Gray feels we are stronger now, then I'm happy that the sale of Antonio has helped him shape the squad more in his own image. I would be happier still if the chairman backed the manager in the way he suggested he would. Giving him the rest of the Antonio fee would be a start.

Yes I hope that it will be used to fund a quality loanee at the back end of this month at the very least.

It's O'Grady all over again. Every goal, every assist, up pops a new thread and it drags on. We did alright out of it. Let it go.

It's not the same, just don't like people ripping into the guy. He did well for us when he was here and I'm pleased that all parties seem to be happy with how it's turned out

Yes I hope that it will be used to fund a quality loanee at the back end of this month at the very least.

At the very least. The Antonio sale was sanctioned to help us through a period, when because of the takeover, Milan understandably put a freeze on spending. Now the takeovers dead and buried, there is no reason why Milan cannot honour his previously made pledge, to back his manager

One man's Antonio is another man's Lees.

Exactly. 

Sometimes a change of scenery can re-energise a player. 

Remember that Antonio said that he had got into a "comfort zone" with us, which would suggest that it was highly unlikely that we'd be seeing this sort of form from him. 

We've made a great start to the season and it'd be nice if some people focused on that, as opposed to constantly bleating on about an erratic, injury prone winger. 

Exactly. 

Sometimes a change of scenery can re-energise a player. 

Remember that Antonio said that he had got into a "comfort zone" with us, which would suggest that it was highly unlikely that we'd be seeing this sort of form from him. 

We've made a great start to the season and it'd be nice if some people focused on that, as opposed to constantly bleating on about an erratic, injury prone winger.

Absolutely. we have enough of our own injury prone players to bleat about

I was ecstatic when we signed him after his good performances but we seem a better all round team without him, and I think May will be worth more money than Antonio in 2 years time. Forest are a £20 million pound team, so it's easier for him to shine than in our relegation haunted team last year.