Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

It's not acceptable to have only the relatively inexperienced Lavery as our back up striking option, especially when the two in the side are similarly unproven This has gone on long enough, it's amateurish in the extreme

Edited by gurujuan

Ipswich were supposedly in for him last week. Dunno what happened there. He was back on Leeds' bench Saturday.

We all know Sharp would opt for Rotherham over ourselves. Becchio would be my preference. He can lead the line better.[/]

Surprised we ain't been linked with Sharp, again !

But truth is he's done nothing at Leeds, does not look like regaining any kind of form

Why don't we have a go for devante cole , looked promising at barnsley before Xmas

Ipswich were supposedly in for him last week. Dunno what happened there. He was back on Leeds' bench Saturday.

We all know Sharp would opt for Rotherham over ourselves. Becchio would be my preference. He can lead the line better.[/]

Surprised we ain't been linked with Sharp, again !

But truth is he's done nothing at Leeds, does not look like regaining any kind of form

Why don't we have a go for devante cole , looked promising at barnsley before Xmas

Has he gone back to City now? We need an experienced front man, but a youngster like him, with pace, would also give us more options. Lavery could then go out and get games elsewhere.

As far as I'm aware he went back to city in January

Few barnsley lads said he looked quite promising , not too sure how many goals he scored

I agree we need Experience up there but to be honest pal it's been that long messing around waiting for a striker to

come in i just think we need SOMETHING up there now , i ain't saying go out and sign anybody but it's massively important we bring a striker in now

Still think Wood is our best fit of the strikers who might be available, although I'd take Murray if that were an option. Both would be good foil for May, and if we could bring in a pacy youngster as well, which is the type of player Nuhiu needs alongside. Add a winger and we're good to go. Like Foxy says, get McGugan on a permanent and it's happy days

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox

Murray is being lined up for a 2mil switch to Reading once Palace seal a deal for Gestede. My prediction is that Blackburn will use some of that money to buy Wood.

Murray is being lined up for a 2mil switch to Reading once Palace seal a deal for Gestede. My prediction is that Blackburn will use some of that money to buy Wood.

Hmm, that scenario puts a bit of a damper on things Maybe you should get a job on Radio Sheffield

Guest wilyfox

Sorry lol

Ya have to admit though, selling Gestede for 4mil and buying Wood for 1.5-2mil would be good business for Blackburn.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

They might do if they didnt have a transfer embargo, we will probably not sign him anyway

My understanding is they can still trade on a one in, one out basis - especially if it meant a 2mil profit, I'd have thought. They would need football league approval though.

They'd be able to spend what they bring in

I think the rule is they can only spend 600k of any money brought in and that is inclusive of wages transfer fees and agents fees.

Blackburns latest figures were dreadful with a wage bill alone of 35m, with a turnover of only 30m. They will be screwed when the parachute payments stop in a couple of seasons