Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Guest wilyfox

And Derby, apparently. They need a replacement for Ibe, and apparently Matt Phillips doesn't wanna drop to the champ. Maybe Grealish is next in line.

And Derby, apparently. They need a replacement for Ibe, and apparently Matt Phillips doesn't wanna drop to the champ. Maybe Grealish is next in line.

Must be the money cos Matt Phillips ain't Premier League standard. Wouldn't mind him here though

Guest wilyfox

Maybe. I've seen that Gray's had an eye on Man City's Brandon Barker. He looks an amazing talent. Like a young Adam Johnson. 18yrs old, 7 goals in his last 3 academy games apparently.

Maybe. I've seen that Gray's had an eye on Man City's Brandon Barker. He looks an amazing talent. Like a young Adam Johnson. 18yrs old, 7 goals in his last 3 academy games apparently.

Don't know much about him but would he be viewed as a replacement for Royston Drenthe, or would he another youth loan like Baker?

Guest wilyfox

At his age, youth loan I'd imagine. I'm not saying we're getting him. Just read on twitter the other day that Gray attended Man City vs. Coventry academy game last week. Watched Barker bang in a first half hat trick, then subbed. Gray promptly took off afterwards.

Looks a very bright prospect. I'd take him if City are willing to let him out.

Yes probably be worth a punt, but we still need to replace Drenthe and McGugan, and then bring in a proven striker. These youth loans are OK because they add depth to the squad, but they rarely enhance the starting eleven, which is actually what we need to do

Guest wilyfox

Eventually people will come to the realisation that Baker is McGugan's replacement. Gray's been trying to get him for 6 months; if anything, McGugan was signed because we couldn't get Baker earlier.

I'd only want McGugan back now if we could do a permanent deal - and that does not appear to be on the cards. Staton and other media outlets are talking up the possibility of a full transfer, but whenever asked, Gray has always stressed loan deal. It's other people trying to twist that into something else.

Edited by wilyfox

Eventually people will come to the realisation that Baker is McGugan's replacement. Gray's been trying to get him for 6 months; if anything, McGugan was signed because we couldn't get Baker earlier.

I'd only want McGugan back now if we could do a permanent deal - and that does not appear to be on the cards. Staton and other media outlets are talking up the possibility of a full transfer, but whenever asked, Gray has always stressed loan deal. It's other people trying to twist that into something else.

Be very disappointed if Baker and Barker turned out to be our replacements for McGugan and Drenthe

Is it monetary constraints that has us scrambling around for youth loans? I'd have thought someone like Dyer would be able to make much more of an impact short term, and surely that's all we're talking about. Baker and Barker might be better long term investments, but we're not actually buying them are we

Guest wilyfox

Be very disappointed if Baker and Barker turned out to be our replacements for McGugan and Drenthe

Despite Baker having only been here 5 minutes, and admitting to not knowing much about Barker?

Gray is bedding Baker in the right way from the bench. He'll become more involved as his loan progresses. Unlucky not to score his first senior goal against Bolton too! Great block from their defender.

Baker and Barker are same category as Barkley and Wickham, in my opinion. Supreme talents you could look back on and say we had them here.. If Barker comes, of course.

Would have really liked him here, but I guess Watford aren't going to go about loaning players to other teams in and around the play-offs.

Sorry I'm not sure if this is meant to be tongue in cheek but Birmingham will be above us soon enough the way both clubs are playing. Until we sort out our attacking play we will only drift down the table slightly, whilst teams like birmingham scoring 2-3 goals a game can keep climbing