Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Despite Baker having only been here 5 minutes, and admitting to not knowing much about Barker?

Gray is bedding Baker in the right way from the bench. He'll become more involved as his loan progresses. Unlucky not to score his first senior goal against Bolton too! Great block from their defender.

Baker and Barker are same category as Barkley and Wickham, in my opinion. Supreme talents you could look back on and say we had them here.. If Barker comes, of course.

I have no doubt Gray will handle Baker in the correct way, as he does with all the players. It's probably stretching it to suggest that Baker and Barker are at a similar level to that of Wickham and Barkley when we first borrowed them. I'm glad Baker is here, as he's a decent young player by all accounts. If we can send our youngsters out to get experience at a lower level, then I'm happy to take other clubs youngsters who might get game time for us. We do need signings that can make an impact here and now though, not just youngsters to pad out the squad

Guest wilyfox

I have no doubt Gray will handle Baker in the correct way, as he does with all the players. It's probably stretching it to suggest that Baker and Barker are at a similar level to that of Wickham and Barkley when we first borrowed them. I'm glad Baker is here, as he's a decent young player by all accounts. If we can send our youngsters out to get experience at a lower level, then I'm happy to take other clubs youngsters who might get game time for us. We do need signings that can make an impact here and now though, not just youngsters to pad out the squad

We need an experienced forward. For other positions, I've no problem with youth. That is exactly what the loan market should be used for.

The term 'Youth Loan' has no relevance to whether we see the player as being able to make an impact at first team level. Any player under a certain age will be a Youth Loan. It is all to do with how it is administered, being able to extend the loan etc that is the difference

I'm starting to think along those lines, we've p@ssed about with this too long now

Gray will only get backed properly, and we'll only start improving our facilities, pitch, infrastructure and start bringing in our own decent attacking players once the new owners have got control of the club. Which means we'll probly have to wait till the summer and next season.

Guest wilyfox

Becchio would suit our needs perfectly. He's exactly the type I hope we go for. Whether or not Norwich would loan to us is another matter though..

Guest wilyfox

Like Bacchio but has he not been out injured the majority of the last year or so? Could be wrong

No, he's been out for 3 months with a fractured heel. That's it. Simply out of favour at Norwich.

Becchio would suit our needs perfectly. He's exactly the type I hope we go for. Whether or not Norwich would loan to us is another matter though..

I don't think Becchio has any future whatsoever at Norwich , if Gray likes him and thinks he can fit into the group the club really should be looking at something with a permanent agreement somewhere included

Guest wilyfox

I don't think Becchio has any future whatsoever at Norwich , if Gray likes him and thinks he can fit into the group the club really should be looking at something with a permanent agreement somewhere included

But then you could say the same for McGugan and Drenthe - and we haven't managed a deal for either of those. I don't think Milan will add to our long term wage bill with a takeover looming. It's loans only at the moment by the looks of it.

My comment about Norwich was not so much about whether they plan to use Becchio, more if they would loan to us given that both clubs have top 6 ambitions - supposedly.

Edited by wilyfox

But then you could say the same for McGugan and Drenthe - and we haven't managed a deal for either of those. I don't think Milan will add to our long term wage bill with a takeover looming. It's loans only at the moment by the looks of it.

My comment about Norwich was not so much about whether they plan to use Becchio, more if they would loan to us given that both clubs have top 6 ambitions - supposedly.

Yeah i saw the point you was making and i agree maybe they wouldn't loan to someone in direct competition but i think maybe a difference with Becchio and McGugan in that Becchio has been nowhere near there squad for a long time , i just think Norwich would maybe not restrict where he could go for the simple reason they want him off there hands

Same with perhaps Doyle at Wolves , I'm sure if we had the finance and was interested they would

let him come here