Official Loan Window Megathread 2014-2015

Guest wilyfox

Yeah i saw the point you was making and i agree maybe they wouldn't loan to someone in direct competition but i think maybe a difference with Becchio and McGugan in that Becchio has been nowhere near there squad for a long time , i just think Norwich would maybe not restrict where he could go for the simple reason they want him off there hands

Same with perhaps Doyle at Wolves , I'm sure if we had the finance and was interested they would

let him come here

The likes of Becchio, Doyle, and Best are all in the same boat really.

Guest wilyfox

Done deal..

Birmingham sign Lloyd Dyer from Watford on loan until end of the season - more details on #SSNHQ

Which is interesting, because earlier today Sky were reporting that Leicester were trying to bring him back for the remainder of the season.

But then you could say the same for McGugan and Drenthe - and we haven't managed a deal for either of those. I don't think Milan will add to our long term wage bill with a takeover looming. It's loans only at the moment by the looks of it.

My comment about Norwich was not so much about whether they plan to use Becchio, more if they would loan to us given that both clubs have top 6 ambitions - supposedly.

Drenthe has gone to China apparently, and watford seemingly want money for mcgugan. We've already said that there's no money for transfers so we're out.

Alternatively we could sell someone and use the money to fund these signings, but that's not accepted by some on here either.

Guest wilyfox

Drenthe has gone to China apparently, and watford seemingly want money for mcgugan. We've already said that there's no money for transfers so we're out.

Alternatively we could sell someone and use the money to fund these signings, but that's not accepted by some on here either.

Fees aside, Becchio would probably become top earner alongside Westwood. I can't see us doing a deal like that mid-takeover.

Under what circumstances would we do a permanent deal? Surely these players were budgeted for, according to Milan, as permanent signings. We were looking for these players earlier in the season, but apparently they weren't available until now As we haven't signed anyone in the interim, what's to stop us signing them now? Milan can even trouser the wages saved by not having them for the first six months.

Guest wilyfox

I wonder if, following the signing of Dyer, Birmingham will listen to offers for Gray

I suspect they've already listened to Bournemouth's offers and have now signed his replacement.

Interested to see how dyer turns out for Birmingham , been talked up similar to how Chris Burke was in the summer and he's failed to deliver so far

I really don't get the jizz fest on here over Dyer.

Was a crucial part of Leicester's title winning season last year playing 46 games, scoring 10 and  assisting 9. He's played most games for years now so is rarely injured. A very good, hard working winger at this level and one that does have end product. Good signing for anyone at our level. 

Under what circumstances would we do a permanent deal? Surely these players were budgeted for, according to Milan, as permanent signings. We were looking for these players earlier in the season, but apparently they weren't available until now As we haven't signed anyone in the interim, what's to stop us signing them now? Milan can even trouser the wages saved by not having them for the first six months.

I know being negative is your thing, but why the constant moaning about Milan's spending? It is getting pretty repetitive.

We can't keep making losses of 6m a year, I'm not sure on 2013/14 predicted finances but I'd be willing to bet is not much better.

In the last window, we signed hope, westwood, Lees, may, drenthe, mcgugan, gtf. Granted, 4 of those were loans, and we sold Antonio for an undisclosed fee. But we paid for may, bought up lees contract, and most likely will have paid fees for the loanees.

We aren't in profit. There is no trousering to be done, if we don't pay wages all that will happen is our losses will be slightly lower.

Guest wilyfox

toytown look like they want to sign billy sharp on loan

Ipswich were supposedly in for him last week. Dunno what happened there. He was back on Leeds' bench Saturday.

We all know Sharp would opt for Rotherham over ourselves. Becchio would be my preference. He can lead the line better.