Our options from the bench

Take your boots if you're going to Brighton

People keep getting on their high horse about people moaning about the lack if signings (and sale of Antonio) but the stark reality is that we have one of the weakest squads in the division as it currently stands.

Guest wilyfox

Assuming Helan won't make it, Betra is the only one who might offer us something different coming off the bench. Atleast he might pose a threat in behind.

It's true we don't have a lot of options but we do need to be a bit more imaginative when it comes to the subs bench. Even last year, there were times when we'd have three defenders, or four midfielders on there. I know they are more experienced, but would we really need to have two centre backs, Zayatte and Kelhar on the bench, or both McCabe and Corry. It would give us more options if we were to include Floro and Betra. OK they perhaps shouldn't need to be considered at this stage, but in lieu of no new arrivals, at least they provide something different

Gurujuan makes a valid point.  you need a defender and a midfielder as cover, but surely you need multiple attacking options to come off the bench?  anyone can stay back and hoof it if we are trying o defend a one nil, but if we are chasing a goal, what is the point of four defenders on the bench?

Guest wilyfox

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Maguire

Lee

Hutchinson

Coke

Maghoma

Nuhiu

Subs -

Kirkland

Madine

McCabe

Zayatte

Corry

Floro

Dieseruvwe

I agree with the XI, but I'd have Kelhar, Semedo & Betra on the bench instead of Zayatte, Corry and Dieseruvwe.

Edited by wilyfox

Subs -

Kirkland

Madine

McCabe

Zayatte

Corry

Floro

Dieseruvwe

Only Madine and Floro I'd feel comfortable using off that bench ( outfield players )

Are we really starting a championship season with Giles Coke in the team and a bench like this?

Look at the number of fans making that trip tomorrow, really deserve better