Our options from the bench

It's not so much the options off the bench that worries me, more that these options will become our only option once the inevitable injury or suspension hits us, which will probably come sooner rather than later given a lot of our players' injury and discipline issues.

Should never have sold Antonio. Especially so near to the start of the season with no sign of a replacement.

I don't see what the big rush was to get that deal done. Certainly I'd rather have been facing Brighton with Antonio in the squad than without

Kirkland

Buxton (if fit)

Young

Floro

Zayatte

Kelhar

Helan (if fit)

McCabe

Corry

Semedo

Madine

Betra

Dieseruvwe

Lavery (when fit)

Skeleton squad, really feel for Gray, its obvious we will struggle, especially with run of games, 7 in 21 days is bound to take its toll. Milan says 2-3 signings in the next 3 weeks. Good luck Stu your going to need it. Poor sod.

Kirkland

Buxton (if fit)

Young

Floro

Zayatte

Kelhar

Helan (if fit)

McCabe

Corry

Semedo

Madine

Betra

Dieseruvwe

Lavery (when fit)

Skeleton squad, really feel for Gray, its obvious we will struggle, especially with run of games, 7 in 21 days is bound to take its toll. Milan says 2-3 signings in the next 3 weeks. Good luck Stu your going to need it. Poor sod.

But probably nothing for twenty days

I think most of us consoled ourselves that the rushed through transfer of Antonio, was to facilitate Stuart Gray with the funds to bring in the couple of players he needed ahead of the Brighton game. We'd certainly have a stronger bench with May and Marshall sat on it

He's not going to come out and say "yes, the squad we have is terrible and I really fear for our chances this season.  I'm not allowing Gray to sign anyone though, he'll have to make do."

No, he doesn't need to, we can see that for ourselves

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Kirkland 

Palmer Lees Loovens Mattock 

Hutch

Coke                 Lee

Maguire                                       Mags

Nuhui

Bench:

Westwood

Floro

Kelhar

Corry

McCabe

Corry

Madine

Betra

My over-riding concern is what if Loovens/ Nuhui/ Maguire get injured, we have absolutely no cover players for either of these three and going into a heavy start to the season we need all three to be playing pretty much every game.

There are already concerns about Lee / Hutch and Westwood, therefore if we lose any of our starting 11 we have no decent replacements.

He's not going to come out and say "yes, the squad we have is terrible and I really fear for our chances this season.  I'm not allowing Gray to sign anyone though, he'll have to make do."

Not he's not and why would he say that? But why say we have a great squad when it simply isnt true, if anything comments like that are just insulting to the fans. At least be realistic/productive and say something along the lines of 'we have some excellent players but the squad is a bit thin at the moment but rest assured I will be helping Stuart to improve the numbers as a matter of priority'

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Not he's not and why would he say that? But why say we have a great squad when it simply isnt true, if anything comments like that are just insulting to the fans. At least be realistic/productive and say something along the lines of 'we have some excellent players but the squad is a bit thin at the moment but rest assured I will be helping Stuart to improve the numbers as a matter of priority'

He said "fine squad"

For such a big club, we act so small.

Another very disappointing close season - our squad is lighter and worse than what we finished last season with.

I take a look at the transfer activity and squad strengthening of Brentford and Rotherham (teams you would expect to be relegation fodder) and in comparison we are fast asleep.

Hard to see anything other than a major relegation fight on our hands unless something changes.