Adthe Nuhiu

Yes, but not until he actually scores 15-20 goals in the League.

I don't know, we've already seen a player, regarded by most on here, as not fit to lace Nuhiu's boots, move to the Premier League for £2-5 million. That was for the big lump Maguire, doing it in the first division. If Nuhiu was as good as many reckon, we'd be fighting off big money offers for him, and we're not

I don't know, we've already seen a player, regarded by most on here, as not fit to lace Nuhiu's boots, move to the Premier League for £2-5 million. That was for the big lump Maguire, doing it in the first division. If Nuhiu was as good as many reckon, we'd be fighting off big money offers for him, and we're not

Why are you comparing a centre back to a striker? How can maguire not be fit to lace a strikers boots?

Other clubs won't have seen much of nuhiu other than last season but those watching him at swfc will have seen a big change over the last 12 months. His performance against Newcastle was a world away from what he was producing in the middle of last season.

Look I actually admire Nuhiu, and he's a useful part of our armoury, but people are guilty of overstating his value. Just look around at the options our rivals possess, we are the paupers of the division when it comes to strikers

Guest 5512uto

If Nuhiu was as good as many reckon, we'd be fighting off big money offers for him, and we're not

As far as I know we haven't been getting big money offers for lee and maguire, I guess they're poo poo too then?

Not even sure about that, Blackpool have better strikers than us. In my opinion, not one other championship club has less striking options

Steven Davies scored 3 League goals in 28 appearances last season.

Bobby Grant only appeared 6 times

Nathan Delfouneso has scored 11 goals IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

Tom Barkhuizen - Youth Player

Sergei Zenjov - could really be anything. 23 goals in 139 games in the Ukranian League

He scored 8 in 25 games in the league that he was new to and he was only 24 years old coming to a foreign country where he could hardly speak the language and he wasn't fit. It isn't unreasonable to think extrapolated over the season he would score 15 goals. If he'd have signed elsewhere (and there were other clubs looking at him) and we'd have seen his name on the score sheet 8 times in half a season, people on here would have been saying "why didn't we sign him." We all know he isn't world class and I don't think anyone is saying he is but 15 goals is definitely achievable.

Edited by mike312

There is a reason why teams such as West Ham and Crystal Palace have taken a close look at Nuhiu: because he has the potential to be a very good player. West Ham passed as they didn't think he was ready for Premier League football. Palace wanted him last summer but their plan was to send him out on loan to a Championship side to gain experience. He's now had that season of gaining experience in English football and we're starting to see his potential realised. If you compare his performance against Newcastle with some of his earlier games for us, the improvements are clear. If he can keep up the rate of improvement he's shown since the last few months of the season, we will have a very effective player on our hands.

We should encourage and support all of our players but we can't assume that any player will be good or bad and then argue like fannies about it. Anybody saying that Nuhiu is going to score 15+ this season is being ridiculous because he could easily fail to do that. Likewise, anyone saying he is going to fail this season is being ridiculous because he may score 15+. It's his second season in English football and we still know relatively little about him.

Edited by shandypants

Nuhiu gives us a few options that a lot of teams might find difficult to combat, and for that reason I'm happy to have him as part of our Arsenal. To have him a our sole hope, as far as strikers go, is frankly ridiculous

Nuhiu gives us a few options that a lot of teams might find difficult to combat, and for that reason I'm happy to have him as part of our Arsenal. To have him a our sole hope, as far as strikers go, is frankly ridiculous

We need another quality addition but I anticipate a better Nuhiu this season (as does Gray).

We should encourage and support all of our players but we can't assume that any player will be good or bad and then argue like fannies about it. Anybody saying that Nuhiu is going to score 15+ this season is being ridiculous because he could easily fail to do that. Likewise, anyone saying he is going to fail this season is being ridiculous because he may score 15+. It's his second season in English football and we still know relatively little about him.

100% agree.

I stopped taking you posts seriously after you said blackpool had better strikers than us