Sheffield Wednesday vs Doncaster Rovers - Official Matchday Thread

Forget takeovers / fakeovers, being 3 first team players short, having lots of money vs no money - I always look forward to the start of a each new season, always thinking "this could end up be being a great season". It nearly always doesn't last, and some seasons the Euphoria is gone by the end of August, but that doesn't stop me looking forwards each year.

If that labels me "a Clapper" then so be it. I would rather be like that than constantly picking over every negative point I can find, no matter how true or relevant they are.

If they did that they'd be criticised for not going for it when they had the momentum.

At 2 nil? For ten mins? I doubt it.

It's sensible to have different approaches for different scenarios. Were always either too negative or too gung-ho which tends to cost us IMO. Forest away being an example, we'd done the job and then let it slip

I think the newcastle friendly could be quite telling as we may well "go for it" in a way that we haven't in our other games, as it's big opposition. Looking forward to that one.

Forget takeovers / fakeovers, being 3 first team players short, having lots of money vs no money - I always look forward to the start of a each new season, always thinking "this could end up be being a great season". It nearly always doesn't last, and some seasons the Euphoria is gone by the end of August, but that doesn't stop me looking forwards each year.

If that labels me "a Clapper" then so be it. I would rather be like that than constantly picking over every negative point I can find, no matter how true or relevant they are.

as much as I've just been bemoaning the fact we can't beat doncaster, I actually agree with every word of that, I still can't wait for the start of the season and feel optimistic about our chances just as I did last year, and the year before. Half of these friendlies are just fitness exercises anyway, we worry because we've had no football all summer and are likely to over-analyse small things like this.

At 2 nil? For ten mins? I doubt it.

It's sensible to have different approaches for different scenarios. Were always either too negative or too gung-ho which tends to cost us IMO. Forest away being an example, we'd done the job and then let it slip

I agree, it is sensible.

Unfortunately you seem to have sense which a lot of our lot don't. If we sat back and someone nicked a goal against us there'd be hell to pay.

Can't win....literally

I must admit, these last couple of seasons, I look forward to the seasons start less and less. Well actually that's not true, with the talk of increased budgets, I start of with the enthusiasm tank topped up. Then when it comes to summer recruitment and nothing happens, it's all words and no action, my enthusiasm starts to wain. By the time it gets to the start of the season, I'm glad it's an away day, at least we can have a crack. That was last season at QPR, this season, we've booked the weekend in Brighton and we'll go and have a laugh. I've taken ten days off and planned to take in the Derby and Millwall games. The way I'm feeling now, I reckon I'll do the Brighton game and then have a week in Majorca. If the club think it's alright to start the season in September, then perhaps I should follow suit