Sheffield Wednesday vs Doncaster Rovers - Official Matchday Thread

I agree, it is sensible.

Unfortunately you seem to have sense which a lot of our lot don't. If we sat back and someone nicked a goal against us there'd be hell to pay.

Can't win....literally

I suppose so lol

I think it needs to be done otherwise every game is a complete roll of the dice

Guest HighGreen_Owl

All today has confirmed is that we have enough to get us comfortable in the Championship, but we are still half a team short of promotion candidates.

Kirklands agility seems to have gone. Glad SG has the foresight to bring in Westwood.

This is kind of attitude that makes me laugh about the takeover optimism. People expect us to be promotion candidates straight away. In long term we have a better chance of going up but mid table should be our target this season. Can guarantee we will get to December and people will be moaning about where we are in table and how we should be in playoffs. Patience is key. 

we did alright but as some have said there is a couple of problems we had like last season . wingers not helping the fullback enough, to many mistakes in midfield.

definatly need a couple of centre backs, sack that trialist off that isnt the sort of signing we want to be making if we are to progress. but maybe hes only covering while we wait for the go ahead.

decent run out cant wait til wednesday, hope we get a few more in because we seem to be picking up an injury per game .

When I made this thread I had no desire to go to the match. But by half one I told myself to get a grip and I headed to the Keepmoat.

I wish I hadn't.

It's not that we are a bad side...but when we get the ball we're just not urgent enough, we've got very little creativity. And don't get me started on Kirkland and free kicks again.

Two plus points for me today were Maghoma, who seemed the only one really up for it, and Madine who really looks as though he's bulked up...he's not getting knocked to the ground anymore and caused their defence some problems.

I hate friendlies.

We will never win at Keepmoat.

This is kind of attitude that makes me laugh about the takeover optimism. People expect us to be promotion candidates straight away. In long term we have a better chance of going up but mid table should be our target this season. Can guarantee we will get to December and people will be moaning about where we are in table and how we should be in playoffs. Patience is key.

Patience is key - FFS I've been hearing that since the slide in 1994 and I heard it right through the 70's, how much more patience do you F'ing want?

I can understand the club owners saying that but a supporter ??? - it's F'ing frustrating following Wednesday or hadn't you noticed ?

Guest HighGreen_Owl

Patience is key - FFS I've been hearing that since the slide in 1994 and I heard it right through the 70's, how much more patience do you F'ing want?

I can understand the club owners saying that but a supporter ??? - it's F'ing frustrating following Wednesday or hadn't you noticed ?

I think I am bit more realistic compared to other fans. People are expecting this takeover to be completed, we sign a load of players and we're suddenly a playoff candidates. Not many fans look long term but that's what needs to happen. Yeh it's frustrating following Wednesday but you've got to remember where we have come from. Only 2 years in championship, nearly on brink before Milan. Patience is key as this takeover boosts our chances in next few years to get back to Premier League. People also need patience about new signings, we've got a few injuries but this current squad will do alright in first few games. Transfer window doesn't shut till end of August so plenty of time to bring quality in. 

I think I am bit more realistic compared to other fans. People are expecting this takeover to be completed, we sign a load of players and we're suddenly a playoff candidates. Not many fans look long term but that's what needs to happen. Yeh it's frustrating following Wednesday but you've got to remember where we have come from. Only 2 years in championship, nearly on brink before Milan. Patience is key as this takeover boosts our chances in next few years to get back to Premier League. People also need patience about new signings, we've got a few injuries but this current squad will do alright in first few games. Transfer window doesn't shut till end of August so plenty of time to bring quality in.

its frustrating because it always seems we are waiting for it but i expect some decent buisness during this window and in january but i dont see us bringing making big transfers until next preseason.

remember the year the foxes got taken over i believe they finished about 9th then the season afters 6th so not expecting play offs just yet.

this team is not good enough for top 6 by a long shot

Guest HighGreen_Owl

its frustrating because it always seems we are waiting for it but i expect some decent buisness during this window and in january but i dont see us bringing making big transfers until next preseason.

remember the year the foxes got taken over i believe they finished about 9th then the season afters 6th so not expecting play offs just yet.

this team is not good enough for top 6 by a long shot

Totally agree with what you're saying. Clearly some fans were going to get frustrated having been told it was nearly completed and now news of us missing out on targets and a delay. I was going to use Leicester as a example and even Derby to a certain degree. You know what Owls fans are like, they raise expectations way too much, slow progress is best way, said this a number of times but rather delay happen now and it still gives us a chance to sign players in this window. Think about it, if Mammadov had only become interested when season started we would have to wait for January for new players. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

Just got back, a few goals no injuries and a hot day in the sun amongst a good size crowd, must have had double there what Donny did

We're you watching the game?

Didn't you see Lavery lying on the floor for 5 minutes and then limping very slowly off the pitch?

Yeah just forgot think he strained it in the box about five mins before wen he did the nosedive in front of our fans he was clutching it after that