Triallist Coming Back To UK

Zayatte was a full international who had played at a higher level than this successfully.  Goes to show you can never be sure. 

True, at the time I thought he'd be a reasonable signing. Good age, previous experience of English football (in the Premiership as well). Fingers crossed he comes good and stays injury free next year.

True, at the time I thought he'd be a reasonable signing. Good age, previous experience of English football (in the Premiership as well). Fingers crossed he comes good and stays injury free next year.

I still think he has potential, might not be first choice but shouldn't be completely written off.

Played at a decent level, experienced, Gray sees him as a solid defender. If he's signed as a squad player, and he probably is, I really don't see the problem. Wages will be reasonable, and he'll probably be able to do a job when called upon. 

If Hutch is seen more as a central defender this season I'd say we're starting to look pretty solid defensively. 

No thanks, Zayatte mark 2. What worries me about this lad is that he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods and has never played more than 40 games for a club. Sack him off and get a young lad bought. This pre-season is growing increasingly frustrating. Repeating all the mistakes of the past...again!

You know some of the leagues he has played in have 16 teams. 30 games a season. 

Guest owl from retford

Give the lad a chance as Gray says I want to see him vs english teams. As for Zayatte he has never played under Gray might be a chance for a fresh start and Gray may get the best out of him as he has done with others

However, say we bring this lad in on a 1 year deal. We then have 3 CB out of contract next year, leaving Sam Hutchinson with a year left. Ideally we don't want to be looking to bring in 3 CB next summer, granted Loovens may resign again but you never know. So, bring a younger lad in, let him develop and we won't have to go through wholesale changes again next year.

1 or 2 ( at most ) year deals are all the rage now and financially they make a lot of sense for clubs like us, we're not signing Ronaldo or Bale so we have to be sensible.

Contracts are shorter mainly because clubs don't want to be stuck with shiite players on long term contracts collecting a wage for 24 months on the bench, just look at Wolves as an example

If we sign a younger CB on a 3 year deal and he doesn't develop or perform as expected, then what?

Edited by Lee A

Guest 5512uto

Its a no from me, we need a young, hungry lad on the way up with years of international experience who's captained the same premiership team for the last decade, not some foreigner I've never heard of who's practically at retirement age.

Guest GreenGoose

Have we all given up on Zayatte then?

Controversially reckon he might be all reight next to Loovens.

I am drunk though.

Is it just me that wants us to sign more proven quality instead of unheard of trialists?

Can't think of any unheard of trialists we have signed that have turned out to be good, can think of plenty that have been poo poo. Nuhiu probably being the most successful in recent times and his goal return for a striker is pants (sorry Nuhiu lovers but that's just a fact)

The good players don't need to go on trial, we need to show more ambition than this.

Guest _Ibbo_

Its a no from me, we need a young, hungry lad on the way up with years of international experience who's captained the same premiership team for the last decade, not some foreigner I've never heard of who's practically at retirement age.

If 30's practically retirement age......... were all screwed.