Home Shirt Stock

This is what happens wheb Sondico make your kit, probably a case of supplier not being able to meet demand!

They've not realised how MASSIVE we are!

We had the exact same problem with Puma last year didn't we?

Other than the big name clubs I imagine it's fairly common place. Most manufacturers will want to wait to see what sizes are selling before making more. Nothing hits profits of a clothing company more than unsold stock.

I love all this " I'm and adult so I'm too cool to wear a replica shirt, they're only for kids" malarkey.

Bit pathetic if you ask me

Amen.

I'm 27 and I'll probably buy one. Mainly because my 5 year old loves travelling up from Hampshire to the odd game with us both wearing our Wednesday shirts.

I couldn't care less whether I'm 'too old' to wear a replica shirt or not.

On the actual topic of the thread, it's disappointing to launch a product without sufficient stock levels being ready but it's not the end of the world.

Guest Moorey

As I type this I've got it on. It's a great shirt, a lot of neg comments have been posted, I'm one happy Wednesday fan wearing it. Perhaps like any garment in a shop you* (*anybody) should give it a quick check before you buy it. No complaints here, the best in years.

This is what happens wheb Sondico make your kit, probably a case of supplier not being able to meet demand!

They've not realised how MASSIVE we are!

To them we are the 'Airbus 380' of the football shirt world. All these parts coming together and high demand. Bound to be teething troubles during the 'test flights' but still a very good product.

Bought mine Sunday. First new shirt for a few seasons. No faults with it. Great design, best for years.

If you don't buy early there is always a risk of running out of particular sizes. It happens with all manufacturers.

I'm not into this brand snobbery but Sondico have done well IMO.

To them we are the 'Airbus 380' of the football shirt world. All these parts coming together and high demand. Bound to be teething troubles during the 'test flights' but still a very good product.

Let me say for a start, that I am too old to be prancing around in a replica shirt (of ANY club) so I would not be buying one whether the makers were Sondico, addidas, Puma, Nike, or even one of the top saville Row tailors. I am, however,  an avid wednesdayite, and have seen the new shirt, purchased at OITP. It appears to me to be a well-tailored shirt, and should sell well. However, put yourselves in the position of either Sondico or the Club. Each shirt may only cost a small amount to make, certainly not the cost to the buyer, but the first thing ANY manufacturer needs to know is 'Is the shirt going to sell?' In all fairness to the manufacturers, they are faced with two main problems - a) which sizes are going to be in most demand, and b) what is the demand likely to be. On the question of demand, which it is all about (there is no point in making a huge number if no-one wants to buy) and so market research will have been done. I am sure that one of the principal areas of this research will be the various Talksites, especially, I would venture to suggest Owlstalk, and can any of us , looking from the point of view of an Investor, have honestly have expected the demand there has been. The general consensus of opinion on this website must have been - Sondico- rubbish!   And that is before the design had been prepared. So many people have complained about Sondico as compared withh Nike and addidas, who incidentally are also prone to producing some trash, that were I a director of Sondico, my advice would be only prepare a relatively small run initially, and test the market!!   

i dont understand the hate of wearing tops to the games i know over here with the afl wearing them to games is fine but in public its a bit bogan 
but they arent really designed for comfort, more designed to be harder to grab 

Guest Rupert Ridge

Just been to shop to renew a couple of season tickets and asked (politely) when a new consignment of shirts were due in - don't know was the reply. I then asked when the away kit would be released- again don't know was the reply.

The club's retail strategy fails again. Although pleased to see the Sondico ball basket has arrived.

Edited by Rupert Ridge