Sheffield Wednesday: Decision On Takeover ‘Early Next Week’

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Another typical story by the Star when there isn't anything new to report!

Everything in that article was reported in the week but the Star have gathered it together to make it look like there is something else to report!

That's the reason I don't buy that rag any more, they are ether reporting old news, making something up and charging a rediculas amount for it!!!

He's obviously got money, and is obviously both dedicated to Lens, and interested in us, BUT I worry about very recent reports coming out of Azerbaijan, that he's been accused of fuel smuggling, got himself into trouble with the authorities over there, (who he relies on for his company's contracts), and they may try to freeze his assets (that he's tried getting out of the country).

Also declared over there that he is bankrupt, and told them he's already bought us.

Nowt's straightforward with us though is it?

The link to the news article concerned was posted by Sova in the Mammadov thread.

He's obviously got money, and is obviously both dedicated to Lens, and interested in us, BUT I worry about very recent reports coming out of Azerbaijan, that he's been accused of fuel smuggling, got himself into trouble with the authorities over there, (who he relies on for his company's contracts), and they may try to freeze his assets (that he's tried getting out of the country).

Also declared over there that he is bankrupt, and told them he's already bought us.

Nowt's straightforward with us though is it?

The link to the news article concerned was posted by Sova in the Mammadov thread.

Not saying you aren't right, but that article could have said pretty much anything. The translation was all over the place and it was talking about 2 different 'Mammadov's.

Not saying you aren't right, but that article could have said pretty much anything. The translation was all over the place and it was talking about 2 different 'Mammadov's.

But you're right, the translation wasn't brilliant. That was my spin on it though, but happy to accept something might have been lost in interpretation.

But you're right, the translation wasn't brilliant. That was my spin on it though, but happy to accept something might have been lost in interpretation.

If we are believing Peggyowl in the other thread, his Azeri contact hasn't mentioned any bankruptcy or dodgy dealing etc. which you'd expect him to, with him being pretty famous over there. Although his Azeri mate could be Judd for Dodworth.

Edited by Random Task

How the flip do they know that? It's just waffle, who said that there will be a definitive by the middle of next week, it doesn't appear that either party has commented on the rumours

You're right - it is just waffle and quoting of 'reports' elsewhere that aren't even backed up with any sources.

I love how the Sheffield Star has an understanding of a definitive deal being reached with no official confirmation from either party - are we going back to having Mystic Meg writing columns in newspapers now??

Guest sotonowl

I just want to know one thing, where is Mr.Biggs?

He's in Milans basement, gagged and tied to a chair. He'll be out sometime next week

Like I've said before if he was going to take us over I wish the only club he owns would be us. Does concern me having split loyalties with regards to him injecting money into either clubs. I want all his money that he wants to invest in football not just a percentage.

What's going on in your world nookie?

All week you've been saying "done deal", now you're saying "it's off"

How does done deal become undone deal?

Only joshing. It's all done and dusted. Just waiting for the confirmation of transferred funds to Milan's account. Takes time moving such large sums. I'd say next weekend, although they'll probably be some sort of statement Tuesday/Wednesday morning.

Like I've said before if he was going to take us over I wish the only club he owns would be us. Does concern me having split loyalties with regards to him injecting money into either clubs. I want all his money that he wants to invest in football not just a percentage.

But if the money he can and wants to invest in us is much more than we have now...

I was going to get utterly sloshed last night, and party on the back of it's probably a done deal, until I saw that article yesterday.

Then I decided to wait and see what happens.

If a deal is concluded this week, and there are no apparent concerns about the Azerbaijan news story, I'm going to end up in a right state.

Just hope there's nowt in that story. Would be just our luck for him to have already bought us, with an announcement waiting until Mammadov's business with Lens, deciding next season's budget, has been concluded, to then find he has his assets frozen, and his company loses all its Government contracts.

Guest Big Guns

Good it will be sorted before my summer break to Palma nova a week on Tuesday don't want to be looking on here for takeover news at all