@Owlsonline linking Niall Canavan on twitter

Blade? grow up fella, id much prefer a youngster with raw talent over a journeyman without a doubt but the lad in question wont get near our first team

Oh dear!

Think you are the one who needs to grow up (or at least get a sense of humour)! Just a little jest at the reference to the team you manage which is exactly what the aforementioned Brian does pretty much every time he opens his gob on Football Heaven (just in case you didn't know).

So come on Gray, Milan

Sign that Canavan right now.

Stand up stand up stand uuuup.

We're the Wednesday ooooh

We're the Wednesday don't you understand?

(To the tune of caravan of love)

Feel free to Chuck us mi coat lol

From a scunny fan

"think he's out of contract. It wouldn't surprise me. He's a decent player but goes to sleep once every game, which can be costly. Scores about 5 a season as well as he's pretty tall. He'd do a decent job. We would cope without him though I suspect"

yep like his music but hes a pwoper pig

was thinking that the other day, listening to one of his songs ( may have been old red eyes ) he kept repeating they could never be blue, they could never be blue. Never thought anything about this lyric in the past , but remember seeing him on a programme gushing about the blades recently.

Some fans know enough about football to be able to spot potential in young players like Wickham and Barkley, others wouldn't be able to see it if it jumped out and hit them between the eyes.

Are you one of these that said Savic was a good player?

Barkley was hardly a thrilling player to watch when we had him. He just knew how to pass from A to B

And Wickham's first spell with us, he was awful.

I am sadly old enough to remember another summer long long ago where we were linked with numerous "big name" centre halves none of which materialised. Instead we bought a raw unknown young lad from Shrewsbury. If owlstalk had been around we can all imagine the comments ; probably similar to this thread. But Nigel Pearson didn't turn out too bad?

Guest Sherlowl

Calm down everyone, we knew we'd be taking a player from the lower leagues, it's just good business to sign up a lad with potential.

The bigger signings'll come in later on, but we could get this lad in straight away to blood him in through pre-season.

And anyway, we're basing all this on a single tweet, that says 'Niall Canavan, rumoured deal done'.

It's not bolted on, but I for one don't think its a bad thing to get our targets in as soon as possible, where we can.

I'd rather us sign a kid at 23 years old with potential to step up than journeymen pro's like Purse, Zayette and Taylor who cost us relatively big wages (in our structure) and woefully under performed.

Me too

We're not (yet?) in a position to sign players, that are 'proven at this level', without them turning out to be busted flushes

... ie; their current clubs deem them to be past it, over the hill, too injury prone etc

I'd much prefer us to go for unproven potential, over proven failure (the only form of proven available on our budget)

Calm down everyone, we knew we'd be taking a player from the lower leagues, it's just good business to sign up a lad with potential.

The bigger signings'll come in later on, but we could get this lad in straight away to blood him in through pre-season.

And anyway, we're basing all this on a single tweet, that says 'Niall Canavan, rumoured deal done'.

It's not bolted on, but I for one don't think its a bad thing to get our targets in as soon as possible, where we can.

We need squad members at CB. He can't possibly be as bad as Llera turned out to be