@Owlsonline linking Niall Canavan on twitter

Guest Fedor

yep like his music but hes a pwoper pig

Maybe we could have a running gag where we say he's a Wednesday fan. People will argue and we could milk it for all it's worth. It would be hilarious.

Ok sorry, he is brilliant, our academy is amazing, plays off next season for sure, all our players are awesome mmm i can get used to being a happy clapper

flippingdoom monger, playoffs indeed, we are going to romp this league.

She's about to set sail again.

If we go for someone like him, it will be with an eye on succession We can't have a situation where we have half a dozen thirty plus centre backs. The back up keeper is the tricky one for me. We have two excellent prospects in Dawson and Wildsmith, who probably need games, so I would imagine we'd try and get them out on loan. However, if we decided to go with Martinez as our back up, on a permanent I mean, he's young enough to block the progress of our own youngsters. Personally, if we think our aren't quite ready for our bench, then I'd rather us bring someone in on loan.

I'm flabbergasted at the negative comments.

We are offering deals to Loovens and Goochy. It was pretty unanimous that we should look to sign a young CB too; when we do, it's not good enough.

Edited by fife_owl

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Oh dear!

Think you are the one who needs to grow up (or at least get a sense of humour)! Just a little jest at the reference to the team you manage which is exactly what the aforementioned Brian does pretty much every time he opens his gob on Football Heaven (just in case you didn't know).

The team i manage? youve proper lost me pal

If we go for someone like him, it will be with an eye on succession We can't have a situation where we have half a dozen thirty plus centre backs. The back up keeper is the tricky one for me. We have two excellent prospects in Dawson and Wildsmith, who probably need games, so I would imagine we'd try and get them out on loan. However, if we decided to go with Martinez as our back up, on a permanent I mean, he's young enough to block the progress of our own youngsters. Personally, if we think our aren't quite ready for our bench, then I'd rather us bring someone in on loan.

Personally wouldn't be bothered if we god rid of Kirkland and signed Martinez as number one

Guest JonTheOwl66

I don't get why we should blindly accept every single signing as being exciting.

He's a League 2 centre back who isn't necessarily young, most people have never heard of him before and he doesn't exactly come in as highly rated like Maghoma did.

Obviously time will tell but it hardly screams of a signing that will improve the team.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Maybe we could have a running gag where we say he's a Wednesday fan. People will argue and we could milk it for all it's worth. It would be hilarious.

flippingdoom monger, playoffs indeed, we are going to romp this league.

She's about to set sail again.

Yeah an unknown from scunny and kevin kilbane on a 2yr freebie and the seals will be looking at automatic! the lack of ambition staggers me 

I don't get why we should blindly accept every single signing as being exciting.

He's a League 2 centre back who isn't necessarily young, most people have never heard of him before and he doesn't exactly come in as highly rated like Maghoma did.

Obviously time will tell but it hardly screams of a signing that will improve the team.

Only bit I disagree with is where you said he's not young. He's 23/4 (can't remember and cba to go back to top) meaning if he has a season breaking into the team, assuming we sign Loovens and another starter, he's only gonna break in through injuries making him 25/6 when he's in the team. That's young by our standards

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

It's the same every year. What do you expect?

True i should be use to it by now! but every summer i get suckered in thinking we might show a bit of ambition and the club might reward our loyal fans by being active in the transfer market, swfc are good at knocking all the enthusiasm out of us lol

Guest wilyfox

Joking aside, defenders like Canavan and Gunning are a good age and would hopefully do well for us. We certainly did need to bring the average age of our CBs down. My only concern would be how long it takes to get them up to the required standard. Gray would be putting a lot of pressure on himself having to make these guys into championship material. As we've seen with Corry, McCabe, Maghoma and players alike...it can take time.

I agree, Its not about blindly accepting every signing as exciting.

However in a similar vein its not about writing someone off just because they haven't got 3 appearances as a sub for a premier league team or their not Carlos Kickaball from the Brazilian 3rd division.