Worst than last season?

The league is more competitive at the top this season hence fewer points at the bottom. I think we've improved as a team and had we won yesterday we'd have been there or thereabouts with points.

I just hope our open and lax defensive style doesn't cost us next season as it did with jones in his first championship season. Everyone wanted to score and no one wanted to defend!

Just to be a negative chump...

We finished on 58 pts last season, in a much more competitive Championship. This year, it looks likely that we'll finish short of this.

54 pts went down last year - so am I right in saying that means we're a worse side than last year? At best, we haven't made any progress at all!

Worse, not worst...simple really.

Guest zico sterland

More treading water than anything, MM says next season we will go for it lets wait and see. (season tickets not selling well ? )

we need a number cruncher to do this(not me) to see if we have improved ...add up all the points for every club in the division and see what percentage our total is compared to last season.

Don't encourage 'em

This thread is awful.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

To answer the thread Yes.

You can only beat what is front of you, and on that regard Wednesday managed the league better than they did last season by our Mathematical safety being achieved sooner than last year.

In that same regard if Arsenal win the FA Cup does that make it a greater achievement because MUFC have been awful, nope because Liverpool and Everton have been far better. 

SWFC can only beat who are in front of them, this year we did that better than last year.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Lets say we finish 15th.

That will be an improvement on last season where we finished 18th.

The points total means nothing because the total over a season is always different for playoffs & relegation etc..

Those of you saying that we are only 15th because there are 9 worse teams than us then thats true but how negative do you want to be?

Burnley only finished 2nd because there were 22 worse teams. :wacko:

Always looking for the negative.

Guest CageFightingOwl

You're talking about position not points total. With all respect, I don't think you'll ever get it.

OMG are you for real?

Have you forgotten your own OP?

You are talking about points being the way to see if we have improved or not over a season.

I have said that its not an accurate way because points will vary each season and one points total one season could see you relegated and the same points total the following season might see a team safe.

Inaccurate, do you see that?

Im saying that finishing 15th instead of 18th is a better way to reflect on the season and whether we have improved or not.

Worst thread ever :ghoulguy:

You can't compare the points this season to last when gray wasnt the manager for half of it.

You need to think if the football has been better since jones went and for me it has.

Thats what counts for me.

Would have made exactly that point. We were all saying we were going down after 18/19 games with the clown in charge. 

Statistically it might be argued that we've not progressed since last year but that doesn't really take into account the chronic regression under Jones this season before he was sacked.

More important to say that we've progressed since Gray took over. First job was to get back on an even keel and then push on.

I'd say that we are in better shape now than this time last season anyway.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest Big Guns

Yes we've progressed since gray took over there's no doubt about it

It's cos of jones that we've had a poor season

Guest CageFightingOwl

See i dont necessarily just blame Jones.

Maybe the laid back attitude of Jones didnt help, he always came across like he didnt give a f'k and that we were lucky to have him.

Now we have started the last 2 seasons pretty badly, whether that was Jones or not i cant help but look above him. 

We never look prepared, always scratching around the loan market for key signings that will make or break us.

I couldnt think of a worse way of doing business, awful.

Its quite often argued on here about whether Milan backed DJ, im not so sure he did back him well enough for the Championship in both summers.

Its clear what we need this summer at SWFC and despite what some say, we the Wednesday support arent that far off on most occasions.

Is this summer going to be the same as last summer?

If so then we can expect the same slow start to the campaign and the fault will sit with one man. 

Get ready for the loan window for a few unfit players.

Pound for Pound, Jones is the worst Manager I have had the misfortune to witness at my club...!

Going to games is no longer a chore.

Sorry, gotta be irvine or yorath.

The turnaround under gray is nothing short of miraculous.