Irish

Subs: Martinez, Taylor, Helan, Afobe, Coke, Best, Stobbs

Sheffield Wednesday 5-0 Charlton

Nuhiu

Lavery x2

Maguire

Stobbs

Edited by FlyingOwl

Definitely play the strongest team, saw a couple of suggestions in another thread that included 2/3/4 youngsters in the first 11. That wouldn't be fair on them really.

Get a couple kids on the bench and let them experience the match day routine. Then, depending on the pattern of the game see if we can get one or two on.

I'd be all for including a young centre half, very likely to be an unused sub and someone like Stobbs instead of Afobe (I know they play different roles but we'd have enough versatility in the squad to cover most problems.)

Personally I get frustrated in the England friendlies when players are given 'their chance' amongst 6/7 other second half debutants/non regulars in a friendly. How can you expect players to slip in seamlessly in that scenario?

For us, a player like Stobbs should be slipped in around 10 of our regular players with 20/25 to go to give him the best chance of settling in to a game and gaining some confidence.

If a team has to bed in 3/4 youngsters in one game then you'll probably struggle.

It'd be good to see Lavery from the start as well. This Charlton side are hard to break down under their new manager so pace will be helpful in stretching the game a bit.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Think he will rotate the squad

Martinez

Palmer      Onyewu    Loovens  Mattock

Lavery        Lee       Coke       Maguire

Best    Nuhiu

Subs: Kirkland, Llera, Helan, JJ, Afobe, Antonio, Stobbs

Oh....I want 3-0 at least for that cup game.

I'd make some changes for this one, now we're safe. Giving some of the fringe players a chance to prove something.

3-0 win. We owe them one thus doing Barnsley a favour.

Martinez

Palmer
Onyewu
Taylor
Mattock

Lavery
Lee
Coke
JJ

Best
Afobe

Be nice to see some young 'uns get a game see if they can show some promise for next season.

Kirkland

Mattock

Onyewu

McKenzie

Palmer

Helan

Lee

Antonio

Lavery

Stobbs

Nuhiu

I've liked the look of Helan in the middle and Lee needs someone with some decent defending chops next to him to make sure his forays forward are covered.

We won't be signing Leon Best so I don't see the point of him playing now we're mathematically safe, better to give Nuhiu the chance to continue his good run and keep developing confidence. Lavery has been a revelation this season and would be great playing behind Nuhiu in the Middle.

Guest wilyfox

why are people predicting that Taylor McKenzie will get a start? There's nothing to suggest he's even near ready. If any of the youngsters get the nod, i'd have thought maybe one at a time - with Stobbs likely to be the first; he's the one people are talking about.

Kirkland

Palmer     Onyewu     Loovens     Mattock

Antonio     Lee     Coke     Maguire

Best     Nuhiu

Subs: Martinez, Llera, Helan, Corry, Stobbs, Lavery, Afobe.