Stuart Gray

Coke the new whipping boy i see.

He was ok today. 

sadly ok is about as good as it gets with him though isn't it.

Not a patch on Lee movement and creatvity wise and even though Hutchinson is new to the team he displays more confidence and aptitude defensively and going forward. Fair enough, some of his forward passes don't come off but he is not shy of putting a tackle in to rectify his mistakes and gets up and down the pitch.

sadly ok is about as good as it gets with him though isn't it.

Not a patch on Lee movement and creatvity wise and even though Hutchinson is new to the team he displays more confidence and aptitude defensively and going forward. Fair enough, some of his forward passes don't come off but he is not shy of putting a tackle in to rectify his mistakes and gets up and down the pitch.

Coke is a better option than Gardener.

And I don't agree that 'ok' is all he is capable of.

Edited by Beholder

Coke is a better option than Gardener.

And I don't agree that 'ok' is all he is capable of.

I haven't seen much from Gardner so far to suggest he deserves a place in the starting 11, even with the injuries to Lee and Semedo but that is hardly a glowing recommendation for Coke.

Fair enough every once in a while Coke might have a game which shows he is capable at this level but then when you hope he will carry it on, that kind of performance is missing again for weeks.

I can agree with this.

Bit more accurate than the know nowts who want to label him dogshit

I hope this is not aimed at me given that I have never said he is dogshit?

However, given that he flatters to deceive a lot more than he manages to stamp his mark on games, whether it his ability, his attitude or whatever, he is not able to prove on a regular basis that he can influence matches enough to take us forward.

However, given that he flatters to deceive a lot more than he manages to stamp his mark on games, whether it his ability, his attitude or whatever, he is not able to prove on a regular basis that he can influence matches enough to take us forward.

Nope council owl in another thread.

Not aimed at you pal. More the regular haters who come on every week to abuse him.

He aint shown what he can do regularly enough this season.

He needs to raise his game. There is a very decent player in there and his career at this level is at stake.

Not aimed at you pal. More the regular haters who come on every week to abuse him.

He aint shown what he can do regularly enough this season.

He needs to raise his game. There is a very decent player in there and his career at this level is at stake.

Fair enough.

His career at this level was at stake last season as well though and to be honest, I think many were surprised when he got offered a new deal then.

He is not the worst and I agree he warranted a place in the side today ahead of Gardner. I wouldn't have started a thread slagging him off today based on that performance, no need to, but I don't think he has proved his worth to date.

In the current team I think he would be 4th choice if everyone was fit, behind Lee, Semedo and Hutchinson.

coke is his own worst enemy we know there's a player in there but his own inconsistency lets him down ,

I agree Trev, Coke was average today, he can have absolutely blinding games but he can equally be really poor, he's so inconsistent, it's a real shame about him because he's got ability.