If you could choose any two central defenders...

Whats wrong with Andy Pearce.....  :ghoulguy:

I actually loved him! I remember when he got sent off against Newcastle at home. He'd just brought down Andy Cole and was the last man. He stood up, spat on the floor, and I don't think he even waited for the referee to reach into his pocket for the red to trudge off the pitch. I think Cole scored from the penalty or free kick (or whatever happened), and we lost 1-0. Not funny, I suppose. Still, I remember replicating the event with my mates for months afterwards in training. 

Des & Madjid

That would've been worth seeing actually. I wish Madjid would've stayed with us longer than what he did. We've had so few centre halves down the years that were comfortable on the ball and able to carry it half way up the pitch.

I actually loved him! I remember when he got sent off against Newcastle at home. He'd just brought down Andy Cole and was the last man. He stood up, spat on the floor, and I don't think he even waited for the referee to reach into his pocket for the red to trudge off the pitch. I think Cole scored from the penalty or free kick (or whatever happened), and we lost 1-0. Not funny, I suppose. Still, I remember replicating the event with my mates for months afterwards in training. 

Heavens above!

I loved him too!!! He should have left Wednesday to be the 4th member of Hanson 

Heavens above!

Dont be like that My Lord, embrace him!!

Not quite as I remember it actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFGpESvw9E8

Was 20 years ago though!  :biggrin:

He scored three in three at that stage didn't he?

And amongst some lifted himself, somehow, to some sort of cult status.

In doing so confirming, as if it were needed, the long known football phenomenon that people will cast a rose tinted gaze over glaring shortcomings in a player as long as he bags a goal or two.

Has to be Mick Lyons and Nigel Pearson ..................... no nonsense "Proper" defenders who put the ball and/or the man in row Z. i hate defenders who try and play it out from the back, and get caught in possession  , i like my defenders to just clear the danger . Nobody has ever scored from row Z. 

From the video it doesn't look like that happened like that at all.

Not quite as I remember it actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFGpESvw9E8

Was 20 years ago though!  :biggrin:

From the video it doesn't look like that happened like that at all. Blue tinted spectacles?

Guest silvergusy

Des Walker & Viv Anderson

Hands down the best two we've ever had and would have worked very well together.

Would be our pairing now if they were a few years younger.