Another striker

I understand we went public with us going in for "maybe two" strikers last week, with one probably coming in this week.as opposed to last.

We got Fryatt, set to sign another this week?

Talking about Fryatt, that finish last night just shows what we've been missing - a finish from a genuine striker. WI'll surely be a good signing who makes a decent impact here.

Guest wilyfox

DJ did say there was the possibility of a second player we might revisit in a week. Player wanted to stay put at the time.

Maguire is injured (again) as far as I'm aware. Quite happy with the addition of fryatt, anymore would maybe be overkill as I'd like to see him play with the big man.

If maguire leaves then yes we need another to make 4.

It also keeps lavery involved with the first team, to aid his development.

Edited by Maddogbob

Maguire is injured (again) as far as I'm aware. Quite happy with the addition of fryatt, anymore would maybe be overkill as I'd like to see him play with the big man.

If maguire leaves then yes we need another to make 4.

It also keeps lavery involved with the first team, to aid his development.

FFS

I thought he travelled with the team on Tuesday night, has he been injured between then and now?

Guest Carl73

The reason they haven't sacked him as yet is because they're edging their bets. If for some reason he didn't go down and we'd already sacked him he'd be free to walk away and find another club.

Point is I think everyone knows he is not good enough and we can't get a fee due to loans market only, no point loaning him out to cover his wage as it's easier and quicker to sack him which we could have done 2 weeks ago and spend the money on another better striker!

Le Fondre

I never do this... literally never have since I have been reading, but I have heard this from a 'reliable source'. I'm not willing to name who exactly, but it was passed on from media people at Rotherham (who used to work for Wednesday), to a friend of mine also employed by the club.

I understand we went public with us going in for "maybe two" strikers last week, with one probably coming in this week.as opposed to last.

We got Fryatt, set to sign another this week?

Talking about Fryatt, that finish last night just shows what we've been missing - a finish from a genuine striker. WI'll surely be a good signing who makes a decent impact here.

What about your brother, Nakhi?

Guest wilyfox

The reason they haven't sacked him as yet is because they're edging their bets. If for some reason he didn't go down and we'd already sacked him he'd be free to walk away and find another club.

Not true. Even if he is sacked, Wednesday would still hold his registration. He'd not be a free agent; Anyone wanting to sign him would need to pay a fee for him.