Another striker

Guest Carl73

Not true. Even if he is sacked, Wednesday would still hold his registration. He'd not be a free agent; Anyone wanting to sign him would need to pay a fee for him.

Edited by Carl73

Guest Carl73

I don't believe that's actually true if we sack him we cannot hold on to his registration as it would be restraint of trade. We could however do what watford did with Deeney and not pay him whilst in prison thus allowing us to hold onto his registration.

Edited by Carl73

Guest Big Guns

I don't believe that's actually true if we sack him we cannot hold on to his registration as it would be restraint of trade. We could however do what watford did with Deeney and not pay him whilst in prison thus allowing us to hold onto his registration.

we will probably pay him while hes in prison and give him win bonuses and goals scored bonuses

Guest wilyfox

that is bobbins,if we wer to sack him we sever all ties with him and he is free to go and do wotever he wants

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-6-players_2293633_2125731#60

60.21 When a Player's Contract is terminated by his Club, the Club may retain the Player's registration until he signs for another Club and shall be entitled to a Transfer Fee or Compensation Fee (as applicable) in respect of the next transfer of his registration. The Player whose Contract is so terminated shall after six weeks from the date of the notice of termination be entitled to a weekly sum equivalent to his last weekly basic wage. The Club may at any time apply to the Football League Appeals Committee for that entitlement to be suspended either because of the facts leading to the termination or on the grounds that the Player has without good reason refused offers of employment from another Club or for other relevant reasons.

What if GM gets 6 months, he could be out again in 3, ready for January, so getting a 93 day loan in could make perfect sense.

Any views on that?????, personally I wouldn't elbow him for a short stretch like that, besides his ego might be lessened a little by then.

This

Guest wilyfox

i was on about if we sacked him not just terminating his contract

Same thing. A contract can be terminated through mutual consent, or breach and misconduct.

Guest wilyfox

Realistically Fryatt will go back after his month with us and we'll be back to square one, no strikers except for Nuhiu and he'll be upfront with Antonio once again!

Realistically his loan will be extended if successful. Fryatt has not played in the prem before, and may well be in the Sharp/Lita category - an asset in the champ, but not quite good enough for the top flight. I wouldn't assume we're knocking him into shape for Hull to use.

What if GM gets 6 months, he could be out again in 3, ready for January, so getting a 93 day loan in could make perfect sense.

Any views on that?????, personally I wouldn't elbow him for a short stretch like that, besides his ego might be lessened a little by then.

If, and it's a big if, we retain him if he is sentenced this might have been the kick up the ar*e he needed.  There is talent in there somewhere but he'd rather do on the p*ss than knuckle down and work on his game.

Madine would be a 20 goal a season man in Division One, and there's a good chance that is where we'll be playing next year. For that reason, keep him. A 20 goal striker at that age is going to be worth a few bob. No way should we cancel his contract.