the green light

Guest wilyfox

We've no plan for the season were just winging it as we go along

I agree with this, somewhat: The club react to necessity. If McCabe was deemed not ready, then signing a player like McPhail was always a must. There aren't enough preventative measures taken, and the wheels turn too slowly once the club encounter a problem.

When are people going to get their heads round the idea that DJ doesn't pull the string in transfers? 

DJ will ask for players X, Y and Z and will get players A, B and C. 

Aldridge does the talking. This isn't 'DJ has had the cash and signed bad players' - you really think DJ wanted to stick with Coke and Prutton as a midfield pairing this year? He was probably given no other choice. 

MM and PA have both let DJ down, he hasn't got any funds to work with whatsoever. 

When are people going to get their heads round the idea that DJ doesn't pull the string in transfers? 

They're not, because on Football Manager games, the manager alone has all the clubs money, and decides what amount to bid and what wages we can offer, even if it means spending the clubs entire operating budget for the season on 1 player.

That must be the way it works in the real world too...

With no money to spend, you think Jones' was holding out for better than Matt Fryatt? Pretty certain if he thought it would work he'd have sold both his b0llocks to fund the signing of Fryatt if he could, fully fit he's too good to play for us, and would cost updwards of £1.5 million, I'd love to know who we were holding out for.

Sharpe & Lita? Or anyone who had played more than three games last season.

Guest wilyfox

With no money to spend, you think Jones' was holding out for better than Matt Fryatt? Pretty certain if he thought it would work he'd have sold both his b0llocks to fund the signing of Fryatt if he could, fully fit he's too good to play for us, and would cost updwards of £1.5 million, I'd love to know who we were holding out for.

Sharp, I'd have thought. Although I think Fryatt had only just been made available for loan when we went in for him - as the player said himself. With Sharp it was an issue of money, with Fryatt it was timing.

If dj had the green light early pre-season just for the 3 loan players johnson,mcphail fryatt,wednesday would more than likely be sat mid table and everybody thinking good start,instead we find ourselves near the foot of the table 0 wins playing catch up so early in the season and too many fans turned off,attendances smaller by the game,loss of revenue,not as attractive to investors,i feel its been a missed opportunity.Dont get me wrong i still think we will finish closer mid table than bottom, JUST FEEL SLIGHTLY LET DOWN.

If DJ hadn't wasted money giving new contracts to Coke, Prutton and JJ - then we may have had the funds to bring in better players. Signing Maghoma, when we already had three identical wingers (fast but no end product) was a waste as well.

If DJ hadn't wasted money giving new contracts to Coke, Prutton and JJ - then we may have had the funds to bring in better players. Signing Maghoma, when we already had three identical wingers (fast but no end product) was a waste as well.

perhaps these were the only players that would fit into his allocated budget, better the devil you know etc. Do agree they arent good enough though

I don't see how giving these three players new contracts is a waste of money,they won't be the highest earners anyway,and they will all play a part through the course of a season,its just that we needed that bit of extra quality to go with it.I don't buy into all this if he didn't bring so many players in he could have got a few quality players instead,1 that weakens the squad size,2 this said quality player would be out of reach wages wise anyway,so what do you want the man to do.With the money jones can spend on players its always going to be a bit of a gamble [maghoma] in that category,so don't think for one minute that this is all jones doing because if he had some decent money to spend on his first choice players,we'd have a team packed with players that are comfortable on the ball and can string passes together,playing an attractive attacking game,ask southampton,wolves and cardiff fans.So until this current idea changers at the top table,here's to polishing more terds.