the green light

If dj had the green light early pre-season just for the 3 loan players johnson,mcphail fryatt,wednesday would more than likely be sat mid table and everybody thinking good start,instead we find ourselves near the foot of the table 0 wins playing catch up so early in the season and too many fans turned off,attendances smaller by the game,loss of revenue,not as attractive to investors,i feel its been a missed opportunity.Dont get me wrong i still think we will finish closer mid table than bottom, JUST FEEL SLIGHTLY LET DOWN.

If dj had the green light early pre-season just for the 3 loan players johnson,mcphail fryatt,wednesday would more than likely be sat mid table and everybody thinking good start,instead we find ourselves near the foot of the table 0 wins playing catch up so early in the season and too many fans turned off,attendances smaller by the game,loss of revenue,not as attractive to investors,i feel its been a missed opportunity.Dont get me wrong i still think we will finish closer mid table than bottom, JUST FEEL SLIGHTLY LET DOWN.

Have you not had access to the internet for the past 3 weeks?

Probably spot on this 

This waiting until 7 or 8 games in before we finally bring in the Championship quality forward and midfielder that's been missing since last season has massively back-fired.

It could've worked - after all, the Birmingham performance apart, we could've got something more out of all the other games we've played - but, it absolutely didn't work, and ultimately we got only what we did in very large part due to that lack of quality in two key areas.

I'm sure MM will be regretting having not given his green light sooner now, and I can only hope that if he is still our owner at the start of next season that he won't take the same kind of gamble.

The truth is, had Fryatt and McPhail been bought in in July, we would have all been up in arms slating poor unambitious signings of hasbeens.

DJ was holding out for better and signed them out of desperation. It seems to be working to an extent so far but that is more by luck than judgment.

The truth is, had Fryatt and McPhail been bought in in July, we would have all been up in arms slating poor unambitious signings of hasbeens.

DJ was holding out for better and signed them out of desperation. It seems to be working to an extent so far but that is more by luck than judgment.

I think most would've been very happy with Fryatt. Much less with McPhail though.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't have mattered once the season kicked off and the team was actually getting results.

Nothing to suggest DJ was 'holding out for better' in my opinion.

He's brought it almost 40 players in total. I'd call that being backed.

and last season he was bang on objective.

There is a difference between brining in lots of players and actually being able to bring in the quality he i would image knows we need. 

Look at his interviews to identify his hands are tied. 

Im indifferent to him tbh, just not sure anyone else available now and who would be cheap would be better than him. Think i'd rather him be able to bring in another player on loan than waste the money sacking him and his hierarchy 

McPhail admittedly was a gamble after what he as been through but its good to see him fit and playing. This could have gone massively wrong at this level but so far it hasn't.

Fryatt had a bad run of injuries but at 27 and with a goal scoring record that his CV shows proves he's not an  has been. A fully fit Matt Fryatt would not play in the current Wednesday team. I am sure the loan is just as much of a benefit to Hull as it is to us!!

Im sorry not sure what your view is on either of them!!

With no money to spend, you think Jones' was holding out for better than Matt Fryatt? Pretty certain if he thought it would work he'd have sold both his b0llocks to fund the signing of Fryatt if he could, fully fit he's too good to play for us, and would cost updwards of £1.5 million, I'd love to know who we were holding out for.