Kirkland to Premiership

He's a true football athlete. We'll be lucky to keep him beyond this season I think... although his character his different to most other footballers, and he probably has a higher level of loyalty and understanding for what our club has given him - as much as he has given to our club.

He's a top class goalkeeper when fit, always has been.

If he stays fit through till January, if a prem goalie gets injured, he'll be off.

This is how I see it. If his contract runs out at season end, we won't get a big fee either.

However on the positive side we got and had one of the best keepers to appear in Blue & White. A great decision to sign him up, with hindsight should have been a 4 year contract.

Guest TC OWL

We were superb today, without exception... We will get our first league win next Saturday if we play like that.

A very long day, and it was only the post and a penalty decision not given that stopped us nicking a point.

We deserved that, we were equal to QPR.

Kirkland's renaissance has been brilliant - approaching the form that saw him hailed as the future of English goalkeeping in his early career  

If he is hitting the radar screens of the premier clubs then lets hope either he prefers to stay here where his reputation has been rebuilt (though i accept premiership riches can be impossible to ignore - and/or hope there is a suitable replacement lined up.

I just wonder what is in his mind.

Before he came to us his career was in serious doubt given his previous injury record. Many a manager and club would have not taken the gamble.

It's nice, for once, that the boot is on the other foot and we are the beneficiary - as opposed to taking world beaters and turning them into crocks.