Progressive club

And yet again the lets invent something to get upset about in football club strikes again . When we play brighton you get the comments but theyre joking and is purely meant to take the p155 , obviously im out of touch as these days your not allowed to take the micky out of anything but apart from then I never ever hear anything that could be vaguely linked as homophobic . These days people just love to be offended on other peoples behalf . What is this rubbish going to stop . Stadium announcers telling us if we use the word gay or bum in the stadium well be banned for twenty years and be arrested for it . When is all this lip service rubbish going to end . What next , stadium announcer tells us who scored and then says and remember kids dont take drugs . The majority of people including me couldnt care less what peoples sexual oriantation is and for the minority that do care this will mean nothing whatsoever to them and for the people that dont care what peoples preferance sexually is this will mean nothing to them either .if our entire squad came out as gay I cant think of anything I could care less about because like most people other peoples preferance for a partner is of no interest to me . Tune in next week for the dinglephobia directive followed by gingerphobia .

And yet again the lets invent something to get upset about in football club strikes again . When we play brighton you get the comments but theyre joking and is purely meant to take the p155 , obviously im out of touch as these days your not allowed to take the micky out of anything but apart from then I never ever hear anything that could be vaguely linked as homophobic . These days people just love to be offended on other peoples behalf . What is this rubbish going to stop . Stadium announcers telling us if we use the word gay or bum in the stadium well be banned for twenty years and be arrested for it . When is all this lip service rubbish going to end . What next , stadium announcer tells us who scored and then says and remember kids dont take drugs . The majority of people including me couldnt care less what peoples sexual oriantation is and for the minority that do care this will mean nothing whatsoever to them and for the people that dont care what peoples preferance sexually is this will mean nothing to them either .if our entire squad came out as gay I cant think of anything I could care less about because like most people other peoples preferance for a partner is of no interest to me . Tune in next week for the dinglephobia directive followed by gingerphobia .

very true cross owl,  political correctness gone mad!!

100% agree the countrys gone mad.

The counter argument is that you would never make jokes about another fans race, so why is it acceptable to do it about their sexuality? You say there is no malice in it, and I'm sure there isn't, but most people who made racial jokes didn't mean any malice in it. This didn't stop it being unacceptable.

To be honest, I don't really care that much, I'd prefer it didn't happen, but I won't lose sleep over it. But I can completely understand why the campaign exists.

Not quite as pathetic as the 'there are not enough black managers in football' tripe that gets spewed out every few months, led by an out of work black manager looking for an angle on why he is out of work.

You say there is no malice in it, and I'm sure there isn't, but most people who made racial jokes didn't mean any malice in it. This didn't stop it being unacceptable.

But why are racist jokes unacceptable? It's just a joke. Jokes are made about everything in the world. Why is it that just racist jokes are unacceptable? If theres no malice and it's used in good humour then why be offended?

Far too many people nowadays have little to no see of humour. I abuse absolutely everyone I am around because thats how I communicate. That includes women, black people, foreigners, northerners, southerners, gays, straights and I'm sure hundreds of different orientations of different subject matters. No one is ever offended and most retaliate with whitty remarks of their own. I love it this way.

So gays play football. I couldn't give a poo poo.

But why are racist jokes unacceptable? It's just a joke. Jokes are made about everything in the world. Why is it that just racist jokes are unacceptable? If theres no malice and it's used in good humour then why be offended?

Far too many people nowadays have little to no see of humour. I abuse absolutely everyone I am around because thats how I communicate. That includes women, black people, foreigners, northerners, southerners, gays, straights and I'm sure hundreds of different orientations of different subject matters. No one is ever offended and most retaliate with whitty remarks of their own. I love it this way.

"It's always something cruel that laughter drowns".   That's the nature of humour and it's a vital part of coping with lifes tribulations. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will nevr hurt me".

I've noticed that since the pc brigade started preaching, jokes have got nastier and more hateful on the internet as people react to the stupidity.

Far too many people nowadays have little to no see of humour. I abuse absolutely everyone I am around because thats how I communicate. That includes women, black people, foreigners, northerners, southentsure hundreds of different orientations of different subject matters. No one is ever offended and most retaliate with whitty remarks of their own. I love it this way.

If this is your honest stance on racial humour then more power to you. I don't agree with you, but at least you are consistent. I would argue that both racist and homophobic jokes have the potential to offend those who they are aimed at and therefore shouldnt happen. But if itturns out they are not offended, and this campaign is brought up by others and not gay people, then I guess homophobic humour does no harm.