Relegation or Stay Up ?

What's it gonna be come the end of the season ?

Looking at the general view after the Forest defeat, most fans seem to think we will be ok and just avoid the drop.

For me its Relegation with the reasons being -

We are possibly the worst footballing team in the league, unable to keep possesion for any length of time and reliant on one player (Antonio) to create any chances.

No threat at all down the centre of the pitch with little supply and no help for the strikers.

Poor set pieces.

An ultra defensive system that keeps four defenders back at all times unless Reda is playing or for set pieces. 

Two central midfielders playing too deep.

A system better suited to playing away from home that has scraped results over the last 2 months but is poor to watch. 

On paper this is the best team we have had since relegation from the premiership in 2000 (central midfield apart) , but where's the drive, craft and players busting a gut to get into the box when we attack ?

Stay up this year and with some work on the midfield we could be watching a half decent side like Forest were yesterday, whats your view ?

Looking at the general view after the Forest defeat, most fans seem to think we will be ok and just avoid the drop.

We are possibly the worst footballing team in the league, unable to keep possesion for any length of time and reliant on one player (Antonio) to create any chances.

No threat at all down the centre of the pitch with little supply and no help for the strikers.

Poor set pieces.

An ultra defensive system that keeps four defenders back at all times unless Reda is playing or for set pieces. 

A system better suited to playing away from home that has scraped results over the last 2 months but is poor to watch. 

On paper this is the best team we have had since relegation from the premiership in 2000 (central midfield apart) , but where's the drive, craft and players busting a gut to get into the box when we attack ?

Stay up this year and with some work on the midfield we could be watching a half decent side like Forest were yesterday, whats your view ?

Really? I absolutely loved watching us demolish Hull

I think you talk utter tripe apart from the often over reliance on Antonio.

2 defeats all 2013 against a very good Forest side and an off day after a large cluster of games to Burnley. Get a grip!

We'll be fine, though with a terrible set of fixtures coming up I wouldn't be surprised if we slipped back into the bottom 3 at some point. The important thing then is to sick with em and not get on their backs again I.e. Constant booing and twitter abuse, overreacting after 1 defeat ECT.

Even when we play poorly the effort is there.

Edited by musingowl

Guest jeffrey

I reckon were going down because we have lost 1 game lol.

I do think we will have a little bit of a bad run 2 games or so then get back on track.

We are due a bad run cant win every game you clown

We'll stop up. 

If there are any positives to take from the Forest defeat it is that it was a wake up call to the fact that we are still in a relegation battle and complacency will see us only going one way. 

Read a lot of drivel over the last few weeks on here about how we are "not in competition with the teams like Barnsley" when we patently are. 

The OP is being a negative badman for the sake of it, though. 

Edited by SiJ

Stay up but it will be close.

We have a lack of goals and don't really create enough proper chances.

But we are hard working and not too slack at the back.

Peterborough score for fun but they are a bit cavalier by the looks of it.

Wolves seem in a really bad way morale wise.Huddersfield don't look great.Not sure about barnsley,cos they seem to be knocking them in.

I thought birmingham would dip but now i'm not sure.

Just depends if our heads drop during this run of tougher matches.If  we can foget the forest game i think we'll be safe before the last match but if not it might go down to the last day but i don't think we'd need to win the last match.Maybe just a draw.

Stay up but it will be close.

We have a lack of goals and don't really create enough proper chances.

But we are hard working and not too slack at the back.

Peterborough score for fun but they are a bit cavalier by the looks of it.

Wolves seem in a really bad way morale wise.Huddersfield don't look great.Not sure about barnsley,cos they seem to be knocking them in.

I thought birmingham would dip but now i'm not sure.

Just depends if our heads drop during this run of tougher matches.If  we can foget the forest game i think we'll be safe before the last match but if not it might go down to the last day but i don't think we'd need to win the last match.Maybe just a draw.

that's what we said back in 1990 when we needed only a draw to stop up against Forest and ended up losing 3-0 plus Luton winning at Derby end result: RELEGATION!!! so lets not tempt fate just yet.

its hard to disagree wi most er that tbh

Hardly surprising, considering you're thick as ****

Poor set pieces.

Poor set pieces.

2s0o6tc.gif

Up until yesterday I'd enjoyed watching us play. Obviously yesterday was a crap performance all round but I've seen enough in previous games to show we can pick up the results - even against the better teams in this division. We'll probably finish about 19th but I'm content with that