Relegation or Stay Up ?

What's it gonna be come the end of the season ?

Looking at the general view after the Forest defeat, most fans seem to think we will be ok and just avoid the drop.

For me its Relegation with the reasons being -

We are possibly the worst footballing team in the league, unable to keep possesion for any length of time and reliant on one player (Antonio) to create any chances.

No threat at all down the centre of the pitch with little supply and no help for the strikers.

Poor set pieces.

An ultra defensive system that keeps four defenders back at all times unless Reda is playing or for set pieces. 

Two central midfielders playing too deep.

A system better suited to playing away from home that has scraped results over the last 2 months but is poor to watch. 

On paper this is the best team we have had since relegation from the premiership in 2000 (central midfield apart) , but where's the drive, craft and players busting a gut to get into the box when we attack ?

Stay up this year and with some work on the midfield we could be watching a half decent side like Forest were yesterday, whats your view ?

This all sounds ultra negative when you read it as a whole, but when you read it point for point there is a lot of truth in it.

I think we will stay up now after the run we have just had, but it will be close.

If we are above the relegation places going into April we have a great chance of achieving it.

I think what this thread proves is that we have a lot of fans who are understandably scarred from the many monumental f**k ups we have witnessed in the past.

Personally I think we will stay up. Whether or not it's a close run thing depends on how many points we can get from the next 3 games. Play 4-4-1-1 then I think we'll be pleasantly surprised at the points return?

I think what this thread proves is that we have a lot of fans who are understandably scarred from the many monumental f**k ups we have witnessed in the past.

Personally I think we will stay up. Whether or not it's a close run thing depends on how many points we can get from the next 3 games. Play 4-4-1-1 then I think we'll be pleasantly surprised at the points return?

Totally agree, I'm one of the scarred ones lol

What's it gonna be come the end of the season ?

Looking at the general view after the Forest defeat, most fans seem to think we will be ok and just avoid the drop.

For me its Relegation with the reasons being -

We are possibly the worst footballing team in the league, unable to keep possesion for any length of time and reliant on one player (Antonio) to create any chances.

No threat at all down the centre of the pitch with little supply and no help for the strikers.

Poor set pieces.

An ultra defensive system that keeps four defenders back at all times unless Reda is playing or for set pieces. 

Two central midfielders playing too deep.

A system better suited to playing away from home that has scraped results over the last 2 months but is poor to watch. 

On paper this is the best team we have had since relegation from the premiership in 2000 (central midfield apart) , but where's the drive, craft and players busting a gut to get into the box when we attack ?

Stay up this year and with some work on the midfield we could be watching a half decent side like Forest were yesterday, whats your view ?

I agree with the 3 points above, but I think the ultra-defensive system has given us a few clean sheets in the last couple of months, and probably accounts for a few of our recent points, especially away from home, as you said.

I'd also say that our game last Saturday defines "workmanlike" - but that's one HELL of an improvement on our October to December form.

It needs tweaking (sure-footed central midfielder putting in a shift, like Antonio and Helan on the wings, & pushing through to goal - a big ask...), then we'll be a joy to watch!

We'll survive - just.

Edited by tonyem