Peter Swan

agree with the old boy about some refs being bent some of the decisions they make are amazing ......have to take issue with him though saying we always lost at ipswich and  thats why he did what he did ,we had only ever played there twice and won one lost one .

No you're right i don't know him, had they done it for the good of Sheffield Wednesday FC then there would be an understanding but they did it for themselves depriving this club and fans of a better situation than we were plunged into for their own indulgence, Peter Swan would probably go along with my sentiments.

He is probably is a top bloke now but his actions scarred Sheffield Wednesday forever, you'd probably be the first bloke shouting piece of **** if someone took an unchallenged tumble in the area claiming a pen?

By the way they both deprived me of enjoying their talants.

Edited by OzOwl

No you're right i don't know him, had they done it for the good of Sheffield Wednesday FC then there would be an understanding but they did it for themselves depriving this club and fans of a better situation than we were plunged into for their own indulgence, Peter Swan would probably go along with my sentiments.

He is probably is a top bloke now but his actions scarred Sheffield Wednesday forever, you'd probably be the first bloke shouting piece of **** if someone took an unchallenged tumble in the area claiming a pen? Just saying I know Pete and the family ! But then I don't own a high horse to get on !

By the way they both deprived me of enjoying their talants.

Would have loved to see him play, my old man used to say he was one of the best players we've ever had. I read his book a few years ago and felt sorry for the bloke, if it had happened 20 years later no one would have cared.

Betting by players was rife through the 80s and now you can bet on any part of the game online why is anyone shocked at this. I have always thought referees should have to answer to both team managers and a FA official after each game and explain their decisions. I think the dodgy decisions by referees are more down to incompetence/mistakes rather than being corrupt.

anyone know the name of his pub and where it is? It's probably in the book but can't remember!

So just because you know him, makes it less of a crime? Glad i don`t know Peter Sutcliffe, I might be on here defending him.

I thank you friend, it's not easy to scold your own but the bigger picture is all that matters!