Wearing red at Hillsborough...

Guest PrincessWendy

Yep.

Martin Hodge in about 1985 wore a full, bright red top with the Wednesday badge on it because Leicester City's away kit was all green. As a punishment for this horrendous cheek we beat them (Gary Linker and all) 5-0 with Imre Varadi getting the match ball and John Ryan scoring what I think was his only Owls goal.

It must have happened fairly regularly when teams played Plymouth. And the records show that it did at Hillsborough in January 1967: Wednesday 3 v 0 Plymouth Argyle (FA Cup Round 3).

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Guest PrincessWendy

You know how some people (apparantly) have premonitions in dreams about horrible events that really hapen? Well, I just had a horrible premonition of a nightmare that I will have: suppose we had r** and white stripes as our change strip.

(Rating goes down by a further gazillion!)

I think I might report this post myself ;-)

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Well this is true story ,I was invited to the after cup final dinner with the players and staff after the first game of the cup final re arsenal which was the 1.1 draw .

I got ready in the hotel and was bit of a rush then went to the dinner .as I walked in I remember Roy Hattersley say to me do you realise I have got a red and white shirt on under my jacket .i could not believe I had put that one on .well I sat down had my first course then it was on my mind so I said to the people on the table just nipping to the toilet .

I went straight outside got a cab back to the hotel ,changed my shirt and made it back for the main course ,

I never ever now wear or have anything red .