Gary Madine

I've always rated Madine - a goalscorer is a goalscorer, and with proper service he'd scored plenty in this league.

He's 6ft+, get crosses into him and he'll score for fun. Play the ball into his feet if we're going through the middle, and again, he'll score for fun.

Lumping the ball up to him down the middle is just going to result in him losing the ball, he's not Messi for crying out loud!

As for lazy, he's one of the least laziest players at the club, along with Buxton, Antonio & Reda.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Mere speculation. :duntmatter:

Not really, most footballers go where the money is and who can blame 'em- it's a short career. My point was that we've heard this kind of 'loyal rhetoric' before from pro-players, and even managers, and the next thing they're off to fill their boots. It's pretty standard behaviour in pro-football, so not that speculative.

Can't believe you've been hovering like a hawk to pounce though, Almat. 'You just wouldn't let it lie'

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Not really, most footballers go where the money is and who can blame 'em- it's a short career. My point was that we've heard this kind of 'loyal rhetoric' before from pro-players, and even managers, and the next thing they're off to fill their boots. It's pretty standard behaviour in pro-football, so not that speculative.

Can't believe you've been hovering like a hawk to pounce though, Almat. Let it be mi old.

Haven't been hovering at all. Just never been keen on hypocrisy in any of its forms. But i will let it rest now, of course. I wouldn't want to become a bore. lol

I view Madines performances on the pitch, couldn't give a crap what he does off it. I am not being negative I say it as I see it rather than be a fan boy and stick up for someone who is not putting it in. He offers little movement, rarely shows for the ball, doesn't keep possession, gets knocked off the ball like a schoolboy and is being well and truly outperformed by the (talentless O Grady?).

DJ has been trying to shoehorn him into the team all season but has been let down by Madines performances. But carry on wearing the blinkers and pretend this is the same player from last season.

Haven't been hovering at all. Just never been keen on hypocrisy in any of its forms. But i will let it rest now, of course. I wouldn't want to become a bore. lol

Only teasing Almat.

My comments weren't hypocritical, or speculative.

I was possibly generalising but that's a different thing all together.

Happy Christmas mi old and feel free to have a go at me in the new year if I contradict mi sen

WAWAW.

Ps. I had a go at your initial post because I'm just annoyed with all the negative speculation around our club at the min. TBF you got the brunt of it. You are right speculation on this forum is inevitable, but I guess there's a difference between speculating in a constructive way and speculating in a critical manner.

He's gone from a "Sheffield is a dead place, wish I'd never left Carlisle, my game's gone backwards here" Newcastle fanatic to saying he'd stay here forever come what may. That's because people treat him like a god when he roams around Sheffield but nothing to do with him thriving in our first team.

If only he could play at the same level as fat Leon.

Can you find me somebody who actually says that? I don't think anybody is under the impression he's the finished article yet.

I think the Madine critics should put their personal views of how they perceive his character to one side for a minute and concentrate on what he does on the pitch. Because I don''t believe for one minute that their opinions are based solely on his performances.

I am doing hence my hope that he puts in the type of performance we saw against Fulham and i don't really care if you don't believe my criticism of him is based solely on his play because i know it is.

Thought he looked sharp today, even looked like he had some pace. Hopefully he'll keep working at this side of his game.