Gary Madine

For the Handball against Bristol he needed slapping against our nearest rivals as it cost us the game

I don't slate him for his commitment just his ability

As for the washing machine grow up arse

So you didn't call him Washing Machine and thrower then?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Are you kidding me (paddyowl)? You reckon Gary Madine trains his hardest? You reckon he does what he's told? You reckon he's never faked or exaggerated claims of an injury so he can skive off?

Fair enough if you rate the guy, but his character is definitely questionable.

yea he would be much better off running around putting heaps of effort in and getting no where just like our other (talentless) favourite cog, jj adn llera.... ffs at least madine has a bit of ability and the potential to develop further .....

So you didn't call him Washing Machine and thrower then?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Did i say i didn't ?

In reference to the Bristol game he was a thrower as well

And why does what i call him bother you so much like i say grow up

Im here hoping Darling Gary proves me well wrong by the way, im hoping that tomorrow the player i saw wearing his shirt against Fulham turns up, cos he was excellent that night, as opposed to the thrower that usually dons it

Edited by Lawrie Madden

There are loads of things Madine could do better and he acknowledges it himself. But some people have, for whatever reason, decided to take a closed minded and negative view on him.

I prefer to be positive and I hope he reaches his potential with us and is given the opportunity to do so.

Edited by Bluesteel

Or the one that he never gives the ball away and wins EVERY header

Can you find me somebody who actually says that? I don't think anybody is under the impression he's the finished article yet.

I think the Madine critics should put their personal views of how they perceive his character to one side for a minute and concentrate on what he does on the pitch. Because I don''t believe for one minute that their opinions are based solely on his performances.

How is playing at a higher level a total lack of ambition?

Fair enough if people have justified or constructive criticism but posts like this are just bile. It's like you have a personal issue with the guy.

He's gone from a "Sheffield is a dead place, wish I'd never left Carlisle, my game's gone backwards here" Newcastle fanatic to saying he'd stay here forever come what may. That's because people treat him like a god when he roams around Sheffield but nothing to do with him thriving in our first team.

Wow good to hear that from Gary, thought he was getting pretty disillusioned this year.

Shows how much he appreciated the support last season clearly, as this season there hasn't been much to cheer about.

Nice to hear, definately sends a good message out at this time of need.

Some Gary Madine goal machine chants tommorow? Miss hearing those and I bet he does, he doesn't have to score for us to start singing them.

Edited by swfc-dan

He's gone from a "Sheffield is a dead place, wish I'd never left Carlisle, my game's gone backwards here" Newcastle fanatic to saying he'd stay here forever come what may. That's because people treat him like a god when he roams around Sheffield but nothing to do with him thriving in our first team.

He was fairly unsettled and maybe has now settled? he says a lot of things. I don't know and it's unlikely he will stay for his career, even so it's nice to hear a player wanting to stay for a change.

Madine did thrive last season, hasn't been terrible this season but could be better, he's been humble about it.

Strange that a player says something positive and the usual suspects look for the negatives. If he doesn't make the grade then he won't be here long term will he? I think it would be good if he did make it though, judging by your posts , you'd probably be gutted.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest markowl123

Always liked madine, people seem to review his performances in game whilst thinking of off field things, what matters is what he does on the pitch and closing the ball down and winning headers, and people who say he's lazy off the ball are mental, he was running his arse off against Bristol trying to make space