Owls fans arriving near ground on boat/barge

The most excellent moment of any away day in my lifetime! Still baffled how it came about one of our older lot had a few kind words with the driver and hey presto next thing were sailing down the Trent!

We had a collection of £1 a man for the captain amd also donated a huge portugal flag, the guy was a top bloke and the old bill were very fair and understanding when we docked just south of the city ground!

Definitely the way to travel!

"we'll sail where we want"

"You'll never sail past SEMEDO"

Brilliant.....and it must be a first, which takes some doing in this day and age.

Wednesday fans are without a doubt the best in the world when it comes to making the most out of a bad lot, the sh1tter the football the more fun we try to have.

I fear we would lose all this if we ever became successful......not sure I'd want that.

The most excellent moment of any away day in my lifetime! Still baffled how it came about one of our older lot had a few kind words with the driver and hey presto next thing were sailing down the Trent!

We had a collection of £1 a man for the captain amd also donated a huge portugal flag, the guy was a top bloke and the old bill were very fair and understanding when we docked just south of the city ground!

lol

Guest Paulos_Medication

Great idea.

May try it at next home game.

Hmmmmm ........may need a leg-up to get out round back of south stand though.

Might be better with a rubber dinghy though, there's not that much hull clearance in that part of the Don unless it wee wees it down for a few days.

To be fair I could have sailed right to my seat the other year then :o)

Excellent mate

Guest christheowl

Took this video, apologies for my awful singing. Keep a look out for my mate running to get on the boat, only for it to pull away and for him to pretend he was just walking at the side of it and on his phone :biggrin:

Guest christheowl

We go down the waterfront every time we go to Nottingham. You have about 4 pubs in a row and on a warm day can sit outside at the side of the river. Was quite an atmosphere after the game down there aswell !