Owls fans arriving near ground on boat/barge

Guest KennyLuntIsKing

I can confirm this did happen. No photographic evidence though I'm afraid, but they were singing 'we'll sail where we want, we're sheffield wednesday, well sail when we want' etc. It was quite a sight. The boat owner looked a bit scared. The old bill didn't seem too pleased

Guest Paulos_Medication

Great idea.

May try it at next home game.

Hmmmmm ........may need a leg-up to get out round back of south stand though.

Great idea.

May try it at next home game.

Hmmmmm ........may need a leg-up to get out round back of south stand though.

Might be better with a rubber dinghy though, there's not that much hull clearance in that part of the Don unless it wee wees it down for a few days.

The most excellent moment of any away day in my lifetime! Still baffled how it came about one of our older lot had a few kind words with the driver and hey presto next thing were sailing down the Trent!

We had a collection of £1 a man for the captain amd also donated a huge portugal flag, the guy was a top bloke and the old bill were very fair and understanding when we docked just south of the city ground!

Definitely the way to travel!

"we'll sail where we want"

"You'll never sail past SEMEDO"

Guest LittonOwl

The most excellent moment of any away day in my lifetime! Still baffled how it came about one of our older lot had a few kind words with the driver and hey presto next thing were sailing down the Trent!

We had a collection of £1 a man for the captain amd also donated a huge portugal flag, the guy was a top bloke and the old bill were very fair and understanding when we docked just south of the city ground!

Definitely the way to travel!

"we'll sail where we want"

"You'll never sail past SEMEDO"

Class!