hillsborough development

Guest Deleted member

Given the money this was going to cost - I'd much rather see the West Stand and the Kop demolished, and the North stand being carried on in a bowl shape to join the South Stand

Love the look of the West Stand in this video.

My guess is that player salaries will take precedence over any stadium upgrades if we made it to the PL.

Have to agree. It wouldn't make any sense to make upgrades unless we made it to the PL when we would get consistantly high attendances again.

The plans looked good though!

Guest on the band wagon

Not happen in the short term. I seem to be one of the few who did nt like the proposals. It looked like we had just fitted the corners and the west seemed to extend past the south and just looked a bit miss matched

We do need an upgrade but the funding is nt there, unless we sustain a place in the prem or Egland get a World Cup or Euros that we can jump on

Given the money this was going to cost - I'd much rather see the West Stand and the Kop demolished, and the North stand being carried on in a bowl shape to join the South Stand

Totally disagree. I love the fact Hillsborough is a traditional ground with 4 distinctive stands. Would be a shame to lose that.

This would be terrible, all new grounds look the same now bowl shaped and boring I hate going to these types of grounds. Cant beat a traditional stadium with 4 sides with the crowd right on top of the pitch to generate a brilliant atmosphere.

Im not too keen on the roof for the west stand looks out of place, I like the look of the Norht stand also would the Kop be classed as a Kop if the changes did happen?

zero chance of this happening now...

i think the design is awful too.. the west stand bit the protrudes out behind the south stand and faces towards the south stand? yeuck.

what id like to see is the posts removing from the kop..

the west stand demolishing completley.. (theres too much bad history attached to the old stand)

the north west terrace demolishing.. i dont see the point in us keeping it... its hardly ever used.. and uncovered.. and a faff with the police / safety people if theres going to be away fans in it that might cause even a tiny bit of trouble..

and a new slightly wider / bigger two tier stand building in their place but with no posts and a more even split of size so we can give away fans the lower terrace and use the top for home fans if we need to..

Leave the South as it is.

Re-roof Kop without pillars and renovate rear of stand.

Leave North Stand as it is but extend the concourse area as per the World Cup plans.

Demolish the West Stand and build a new single tier stand with the same capacity that stretches round to meet the South and North.

Ground capacity would stay the same but it would be the best way of bringing Hillsborough into the 21st century while still maintaining the traditional look of the ground.

This would be terrible, all new grounds look the same now bowl shaped and boring I hate going to these types of grounds. Cant beat a traditional stadium with 4 sides with the crowd right on top of the pitch to generate a brilliant atmosphere.

Im not too keen on the roof for the west stand looks out of place, I like the look of the Norht stand also would the Kop be classed as a Kop if the changes did happen?

grandad is fishing as per. cos its so amusing apparently.

i agree with what a few have said - never quite liked how the kop/north corner was filled in but the leppings lane end looked lovely.

This or continuing the South Stand configuration. With exec boxes and the Grandstand on three sides of the pitch.