hillsborough development

Leave the South as it is.

Re-roof Kop without pillars and renovate rear of stand.

Leave North Stand as it is but extend the concourse area as per the World Cup plans.

Demolish the West Stand and build a new single tier stand with the same capacity that stretches round to meet the South and North.

Ground capacity would stay the same but it would be the best way of bringing Hillsborough into the 21st century while still maintaining the traditional look of the ground.

I like this.

Guest Deleted member

grandad is fishing as per. cos its so amusing apparently.

No I really wasnt

Can someone post that picture that was on here a few weeks ago - the Eric Taylor modelled stadium plans?

The original plan was for a Wembley-esque design - with the development in the South Stand it would still be possible to carry on the sides. I wouldn't connect it to the South Stand - but definitely fill the corners in on the North/Kop and North/Lepp

I would be happy just to see the West demolished & rebuilt. It holds so many bad memories & I feel as if we will be forever tainted with the Hillsborough disaster. Apart from the lower seting it's still the same with that dark tunnel to get to the lower tier. Reporters ALWAYS seem to present out club in a poor light by broadcasting from the back of the Leppings Lane which looks like a bloody prison. It's really quite depressing.

Dare I say it, but some blue & white "cladding" :) would look better.

Get the developments done now ready for the premiership, may as well demolish leppings lane now and

house the away fans in end of south until completion, as i am sick of looking at 7000 empty seats every home game gaining no revenue.

If we wait till we get in the premiership we will be losing 7000 of capacity paying premiership prices.

Guest Deleted member

This was the plan for the stadium - and you can see the North Stand on the left with the flags on top.

I dont see why the rest of the plan couldnt be completed - with modern bells and whistles obviously - and exclude the South Stand from that as its fine as it is.

hillsbroplan.png

Do people honestly think we would even fill our current capacity if we got to the prem? Prices would go up considerably and we struggle to half fill it even now. I'm not sure an extra 20K would turn up week in week out any more, people can't afford it. You only have to look at clubs like Villa, they can't sell out week in week out any more.

Just not bothered...

Guest Deleted member

I'm not sure an extra 20K would turn up week in week out any more, people can't afford it.

They should go and get jobs then

Or set their own businesses up lol

Edited by Deleted member

Do people honestly think we would even fill our current capacity if we got to the prem? Prices would go up considerably and we struggle to half fill it even now. I'm not sure an extra 20K would turn up week in week out any more, people can't afford it. You only have to look at clubs like Villa, they can't sell out week in week out any more.

if you look at average attendances last time we were in the prem then you are correct sir.

what did people think of the baldes attempt?

didnt think it looked that bad. just built on what the've got/could did (with roads etc) a bit like ours.

Mandaric is apparently really keen to update hillsborough and has plans for lots of redevelopment. But none of it will be implemented until we reach the premier league.

He is looking at doing something with the away stand though. apparently he thinks the outside looks an eyesore and makes the stadium look shabby and dirty,

source; employee in hillsborough