Martin Taylor....Cometh the hour. Cometh the man?

Llera is one of my fav players. As is reda. They are both good in the opposition box.

That said, Taylor had a better pedigree as a defender.

I don't feel we have had a chance to see the player he is yet.

He has looked pretty unconvincing so far.

However, my opinions of him come from seeing him on tv for Birmingham in the prem where he looked a monster of a player. He can't become poo overnight.

Llera is one of my fav players. As is reda. They are both good in the opposition box.

That said, Taylor had a better pedigree as a defender.

I don't feel we have had a chance to see the player he is yet.

He has looked pretty unconvincing so far.

However, my opinions of him come from seeing him on tv for Birmingham in the prem where he looked a monster of a player. He can't become poo overnight.

Hardly overnight is it? When was this time at Birmingham that he was a monster of a defender? Darren Purse looked a solid defender when he was at Birmingham.

Prior to Friday our defence had conceded 1 goal in 2 games, helping us to pick up 6 points, our best defensive form of the season. 1 mistake away to a top of the league side should not warrant being dropped.

As for clearing your lines, you won't find a better example of that than when Taylor headed the ball back into play for Davies to run onto and score against Bolton when it was easier to head it out for a throw in. A glaring error in a string that he has made in his time at the club, don't remember him getting a public slating from the manager for this though.

Edited by Guest

A young player who's had five seasons of mixed ability, with time to improve or a 33yr old who's possibly the worse defender I've seen IMO in recent history, all be it only being 5 games, but I can only go on what I've seen. I think the clues was there to see when Watford wouldn't give him the contract he wanted. And you tell me to give over lol

Watford is a strange place right now.

We need some old heads. Been there. seen it and done it.

Beevers has been "developing" into a good player since he was 2 years old.

If he comes back from Millwall a better player with more confidence then it's our gain as he's still our player but I think he's been given just a bit more slack than Taylor who is proven at this level (and higher).

We're supposed to be looking forwards not backwards.

Play someone along side him with decent pace/acceleration as a covering defender and you've got a solid centre of defense. Reminds me a bit like a fat Mertesacker.

I was speaking to a former team mate of Anthony Gardner last night and he said he's certain that he will be the fastest player in our squad. Can run 100metres in 11 seconds apparently.

Guest Wilf Marshall

He was written off much too soon.

We should give him another chance.

Beevers isn't the answer right now.

We have done this with players before where we get on their backs and before long they are terrified to play at Hillsboro.

Guest wilyfox

taylor is sh!t i'd sooner bring beevers back

exactly. Mistake aside, llera had a solid game on friday. One everything in the air and made a few important tackles

that's rubbish. Llera's passing went astray on a few occasions; people only remember the one he got punished for - but we could have paid dearly. he also went up for a header at the back with another of our players, the two collided - the ball broke free, and could have gone anywhere. luckily it didn't fall to one of Boro's attackers...

Llera had a very poor game. i still rate him, but he can't keep his place after that performance - it would send out all the wrong signals. Taylor should come in alongside Gardner. Llera must wait for an opportunity to make amends.

Hardly overnight is it? When was this time at Birmingham that he was a monster of a defender? Darren Purse looked a solid defender when he was at Birmingham.

Prior to Friday our defence had conceded 1 goal in 2 games, helping us to pick up 6 points, our best defensive form of the season. 1 mistake away to a top of the league side should not warrant being dropped.

As for clearing your lines, you won't find a better example of that than when Taylor headed the ball back into play for Davies to run onto and score against Bolton when it was easier to head it out for a throw in. A glaring error in a string that he has made in his time at the club, don't remember him getting a public slating from the manager for this though.

Epic fail, AGAIN. Balckpool, 2 goals, 2nd one Llera at fault. :duntmatter:

Edited by mcduk

Guest Bedders

He is a mixture of Darren Purse, Guy Branston and Mick Lyons

Please, please, please..........lets hope not! 2 out of those 3 were shipped out as the weren't good enough & one is a legend!

Does that equate to 2/3 garbage then?

Please no I can't stand another bad defensive display!!!

There's only one way we'll find out if he is 'the man' we need.... get him played !!! Im pretty sure he'll be in for forest on saturday... He was put in with too much responsibility first off i reckon....could and should have come in off the bench and gradually got into it....good luck to him, hope he's the answer !!!

In fairness, those who say Taylor's mistakes haven't been slated by DJ are seemingly forgetting that he was bloody dropped.

Would like him to come in now though, for his leadership skills alone. On the flip side, I like Llera and a few dodgy passes aside had a good game last time out. But in true form, those mistakes were costly, and one got punished.

I wouldn't mind playing all of Taylor, Gardner and Llera at the back - Buxton and DJ or Mattock as wing backs, a central midfield of Semedo and McCabe with Antonio + Barkely supporting Bothroyd as a main striker.

(will be a saddo and try it out on FIFA...)

Guest Bedders

In fairness, those who say Taylor's mistakes haven't been slated by DJ are seemingly forgetting that he was bloody dropped.

Would like him to come in now though, for his leadership skills alone. On the flip side, I like Llera and a few dodgy passes aside had a good game last time out. But in true form, those mistakes were costly, and one got punished.

I wouldn't mind playing all of Taylor, Gardner and Llera at the back - Buxton and DJ or Mattock as wing backs, a central midfield of Semedo and McCabe with Antonio + Barkely supporting Bothroyd as a main striker.

(will be a saddo and try it out on FIFA...)

Stick to FIFA son........that person you mention can't play up front on his own!

Absolutely garbage makes darren purse look like puyol, worst player at the club by a country mile. its amazing how players who are abysmal and get dropped are suddenly saviours when some on here forget how bad they were.

What next ? Rodrhi is the new star who is going to save us ? Come to mention it play him at centre half i will guarantee he wont be as bad as Taylor