Martin Taylor....Cometh the hour. Cometh the man?

He's a Wednesday player, I'd love him to come good.

Not sure it'll happen, but good luck to the lad and hopefully the crowd will give him another chance.

This is the thing isn't it. Our fan base has been infected by people who just want to criticise, slate and abuse our players at the earliest opportunity. Like all bullying behaviour, they look for a reaction and the bigger name or reputation player the greater the target for them.

It's not support and never will be.

Taylor's welcome to our club from some people has been disgraceful. Whatever his initial mistakes in opening games, we should be supporting him and urging him on to be a brilliant defender for us. Our positive support can make a difference - ask Jose Semedo.

This is the thing isn't it. Our fan base has been infected by people who just want to criticise, slate and abuse our players at the earliest opportunity. Like all bullying behaviour, they look for a reaction and the bigger name or reputation player the greater the target for them.

Taylor's welcome to our club from some people has been disgraceful. Whatever his initial mistakes in opening games, we should be supporting him and urging him on to be a brilliant defender for us. Our positive support can make a difference - ask Jose Semedo.

I agree, but I ask you this; what is the root cause of this almost desire for negativity? Something in our water?

He's a Wednesday player, I'd love him to come good.

Not sure it'll happen, but good luck to the lad and hopefully the crowd will give him another chance.

This.

Seriously though I think a lot is down to anonymity online and the chance of getting some or any reaction to help fulfil unfulfilled or hopeless lives - nothing to do with support though.

Wow you certainly have a high opinion of yourself, self righteous dosent come near.

Seriously though I think a lot is down to anonymity online and the chance of getting some or any reaction to help fulfil unfulfilled or hopeless lives - nothing to do with support though.

Wow. Breathtaking arrogance. I've got news for you - people should be allowed to have a different opinion to yourself without you executing a character assassination on them. In fact, I thought the mods were clamping down on this sort of thing? Please reign it in a tad.

Edited by Almat

I think he will get another chance in the next few games, but he needs to have a run of games to get used to the pace of the league. Games come thick and fast and at this time of year the injuries and suspensions start to kick in so we need all our squad getting game time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mattock and Lines getting game time too, the likes of Reda will be back soon hopefully giving more competition for places which is good for a team and helps to focus players.

Agree with some of this.

It always baffles me why people are so judgemental and seemingly final in their statements about some of our players.

What ever happened to being happy or putting up with what we have got and getting behind them? Your point about Semedo is spot on, if all the players got the same support they would walk out at Hillsborough feeling 10ft tall.

Guest Paulos_Medication

He is a mixture of Darren Purse, Guy Branston and Mick Lyons

That would be a big baby !

Well lets all get behind Darren Bransti-lyons if he pulls on that shirt.

Edited by Paulos_Medication