Victimising one player on TV

Guest arobert

Mattock - cant get past a very poor Dan Jones

Lee - where is he?

Taylor - can't get in the side

Gardner - rob Jones mkII

Mayor - had about half an hour hasn't he?

Corry - promising but young

Rodri - can't get in the side, no good in our current formation

Guest CambridgeOwl69

Llera did make a mistake but where was Dan Jones for the first goal and WTF was Gardner doing on the 3rd??? If anyone was solely to blame it was the captain for not defending a simple ball into the box from a corner....fkn criminal at any level !!!!

All this talk of 'if Taylor had done the same' is both TRUE and B0LL0CKS at the same time.

It is TRUE that if Taylor had made the mistake that this board would've ripped him to shreds.

It is b0ll0cks in that if Llera made a mistake as all defenders sometimes do. He missed a tackle or misplaced a pass as ALL defenders do.

He didn't have his best game last night...

BUT...

He balances this by usually pretty sound defensive displays, he often creates and he certainly contributes by putting the ball in the back of the net.

Taylor has done none of the positive stuff and all of the poor stuff...!

It is not comparing like with like...!

Llera also adds to the team ethic which is so disastrously waning since last season.

On the point of contributing to putting it in the back of the net, other than the one goalscorer (top goalscorer) who keeps losing his place after being played in a role that it is virtually impossible to be successful at given our formation, Llera has put it in the back of the net more times than every other 'striker' at the club...!

DJ's singling him out was a disgrace and as bad an example of man-management that you could wish to see...!

And yes, I am an expert in that field...!

Edited by 33

It's alright to single out players as long as they're the current scapegoat of choice though right?

If Taylor had done what Llera did for the goal then this board would have melted with the rage and bile toward him.

Oh, and if you wanna try and analyse the first goal properly instead of just taking one small aspect of a much bigger set of circumstances then you'll see Jones wasn't out of position according to the dynamic of the game at that moment

Agree .

I thought Jones singling out of Liera on TV was very poor management indeed.

Yes, Liera made a mistake

but

Where was Daniel Jones positioned for the first goal?

Why did midfielders Bothroyd, Barkeley and Corry fail to make a tackle all night?

Why did Gardener lose his man for the third goal?

It is hardly surprising the team spirit has gone.

Jones out by Monday hopefully!

You are right about the midfield....I bet Carlton Palmer and (wait for it) ...Danny Wilson... could still pull the blue and white on today and worry the opposition more than last night's lot

Taylor has done none of the positive stuff and all of the poor stuff...!

But then how some fans accuse Jones of supposedly thinking that Llera's face doesn't fit because he was a Megson signing the same has happened with Taylor.

Taylor then hasn't had chance to do any positive stuff because after 5 poor games he has been branded "Purse MK2" and absolutely slaughtered on here by fans.

But Lleras stupid mistake cost us dear tonight. Players are making stupid mistakes every week and they could lose DJ his job. Can understand his anger. They are basic mistakes.

I am not sure you understand what the post is about, singleing Llera out is a mistake , he was one of our better players last night, Bothroyd is his lovechild and will always get a place no matter what, why did he not blame Madine for missing a golden chance, I am not saying he should have but it would have been another go at a Megson old boy. Thats twice this season he has publicly blamed Llera for an error, The error is staring everyone one in the face , and when he gets up this morning and looks in the mirror he should blame himself. Its about time he was gone, taxi for Jones

Miguel Llera has done better than I thought he would, but overall, even his biggest fan has to accept that he's well into his 30s, and proably at this stage of his career, from a purely defensive point of view, shouldn't be higher than league 1.

He scores goals, and looks a more natural finisher than our current top scorer, but defensively he will get caught out against the better sides this season, he made the same mistake twice last night, and on the 2nd occasin they actually managed to punish him with a goal.

I like the bloke a lot, but cant defend him, if Taylor had played like Llera did last night he'd be booed into oblivion, and nobody would care what Jones had to say about him.

Edited by Lee A