Victimising one player on TV

Guest arobert

Posters on here get criticised for singling individual players out for blame. How is DJ singling out Llera repeatedly any different? It's embarrassing for a very experienced, 56 year old manager to be getting involved in this sort of thing. It just strikes me as throwing the dummies out of the pram. But maybe it's designed to deflect attention away from the absolute shuffle players he has signed (one of which was embarrassingly weak for their 3rd goal).

Guest international owl

Llera played a poor pass which finished with a goal, he didn't do too much wrong other than that, he was one of the better players on the pitch. Ask any Cardiff fan and they will tell you that Dave Jones is clueless when his team falls behind, won't drop people who are not performing and sticks with his favourites!!! His tactics are something that have to be questioned, the system we are playing is set up to try and grind out draws and nick a win if we are lucky, the system is quite clearly not working. Instead of having a team of the pitch we have three components of a team that cannot link the play togethor. 442 has to be used,get the wingers overlapping, get the ball in the box and get people attacking it.We had 2 or 3 excellent balls into the box last night but we were camped in our own half, you just won't score like that. It is better to lose whilst trying to win, to sit back like last night and look naive and vulnerable is poor management. THE PLAYERS ARE NOT TO BLAME!!!!

Dan Jones was not out of position for the 1st goal, the defence was split by a ball I wish we could manage to play, If ya watched DJ he dropped back inside to stop the cutback and Gardner didn't get a foot in.

Why are we allowing opposition so much time on the ball, its shocking and is very poor tactically, Boro were far superior to us because they actually can string more than 2 or 3 passes togethor, their players link up with each,overlap and they are not afrain to commit people forward. Our midfield were the main cuprits last night, very few tackles, limited closing down and poor service going forward.

He's only being honest. Despite Llera being a fan favourite he is costing us goals.

He also scores goals and wins games for us. Why isn't Jones just being honest about any of his signings?

Guest Bedders

I wonder if this thread would have existed if it had been Megson saying it about Llera

On the flip side....... will DJ criticise one of his own signings like he has Megsons?

Too much politics involved for my liking.....we win & lose as a TEAM......END OF!

Dave Jones is an experienced manager but he let his frustration get the better of him He should know better

not heard interview yet but I feel he has done so several times this season - ref's, own players

Yup, I have to agree with my old mate 33, singling out Llera for criticism is poo man management and does nothing for team spirit.

ive been thinking for weeks his man mangement is poor and therin lies the problem

Guest wilyfox

I disagree, the players should be pulled up for mistakes made time and time again. For the odd uncharacteristic mistake, I'd expect DJ to defend his players and stand by his squad. But when you see the same sloppy errors recurrent week after week, examples need to be made. The likes of Llera, Bothroyd and Corry should be benched for the next game; you can't reward that type of performance by letting those players keep the jersey.

not heard interview yet but I feel he has done so several times this season - ref's, own players

His Blackwellesque ref criticisms especially are becoming embarrassing. It also seems that certain players are immune from the public criticisms. I hope that his media gaffes are not indicative of his day to day management.

But therein lies the problem.

Bothroyd will start...!

Bothroyd receives no criticism...!

The only players that are publicly criticised are Llera, JJ and COG.

Shouldn't pick on individuals like that, no matter who it was...!

Shiit man-management...!

After watching the goals back on Sky when i got back, Boros first call didnt do enough discredit to Jones it didnt show just how badly he was caught out because of the camera angles.

He was stood so far away from the winger every time it wa scary, Llera unfortunatley does cost us goals with silly mistakes, he is solid for long periods but seems to lack concentration every now and again which is a shame.

Imo Llera was the one who was going to take the stick but i felt all the back 4 were awful last night 3 of the back 4 cost us goals and Buxton nearly did.

TBF to Boro they took full advantage of how poor we were and how deep we defend and the fans were the loudest i have heard home fans wise in many a year.

What i have seen this season makes me think we will just scrape out of it but mainly because of the poor teams around the bottom end, we need to have a serious rethink on how we move forward and the way we set out because apart from the worst 73/4 sides in this division i really do not think we can beat other teams with the current tactics

Cr@p man management.

Llera was at fault for that second goal, but so then were a few others - and the less said about the third goal the better!

Why do I increasingly feel that DJ is going through the motions...

Mattock - cant get past a very poor Dan Jones

Lee - where is he?

Taylor - can't get in the side

Gardner - rob Jones mkII

Mayor - had about half an hour hasn't he?

Corry - promising but young

Rodri - can't get in the side, no good in our current formation

Anthony Gardener is Rob Jones mark two? You clearly have not see Gardner possibly the most opposite centre back to Rob Jones. Class on the ball goes about things calmly and efficiently. One of few players to have really played well.

He also scores goals and wins games for us. Why isn't Jones just being honest about any of his signings?

But that's not his job. The fact he scores goals is just a extra asset to his game. It means nothing if he can't keep them out at the back.

Honestly, if a player has made an error, just keep it behind closed doors. Don't go slating them on TV. Just do the old Arsne Wenger "Eehhhh, I did not see it" routine and then keep this stuff in private.

If my boss sent a firm-wide e-mail to everyone in the company, slating me whenever I made a mistake, I'd feel humiliated and livid.

Guest wilyfox

If my boss sent a firm-wide e-mail to everyone in the company, slating me whenever I made a mistake, I'd feel humiliated and livid.

That could well be the response DJ is hoping for from Llera. Perhaps he wants to see an angry determination to sort it out. The coaching team may have already tried the softly gentle encouragement route - with mistakes still being made. Perhaps the gaffer has decided enough is enough so has chosen a different approach?

Guest Bedders

can nobody make a comment about Llera's performance without getting a barrage of abuse?

what makes him excusable from any blame for another inept performance?

some people need to get out of his backside!

Probably because he's on about a third of the wage JB is on!

Do you get three times the performance from JB than you do Llera? You do the maths...........

Football is now run as a business with big wages, balance sheets, profit & loss accounts etc.

I think you may find that Llera was in the side that got us up....

Edited by Bedders