THANK YOU MUM !

post-4683-0-92476400-1352381342_thumb.jp

My brilliant mum (Kath) has been reading with interest about the upcoming Jose Semedo Day

She's not going (she's currently really ill as is my amazing stepdad Steve) but they are both die hard Wednesday fans and despite being too ill to make the trip they are looking forward to it as much as those going

Last night she nipped onto Facebook and saw some kid having a rant at me saying that I should have bought everyone who is going to the game a mask.

I tried explaining this isn't a handout situation, and that it's supposed to be a day where all fans get involved, buy scarves, bring flags and balloons and facepaint etc - but it didn't seem to get through

This incensed my mum a bit and so my amazing mum and incredible stepdad Steve have just donated money to the Semedo Day fund to purchase another FOUR HUNDRED Jose Semedo masks

She did this to support her fellow Owls fans in having a TOP day and also motivated by the moaning fan on facebook who just wanted something for nowt without putting any effort in whatsoever to what will be a match that you will remember forever (e.g. Honolulu Norwich)

So there you have it - a prime example of what this day is all about - fans doing something for others and not sitting on the internet begging and moaning about handouts

So thanks to Wednesdayite, Nigel Short, Brell Ewart, Whitehouse Construction, POW Promotional print, our amazing but anonymous donor and now my mum and dad we now have TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT HUNDRED masks going to Nottingham Forest.

And Grimbarian's 20 flags too of course !

These will be given out FREE OF CHARGE

All we ask in return is that you bring portugal stuff/colours to the game... flags, portugal shirts, balloons - anything - so that we can colour up the away end big time and all put our masks on and freak the flip out of Forest and their fans and have the party of our lives (regardless of result)

lol

THANKS MUM AND THANKS STEVE - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY LEGENDS

Owlstalk Shop

Good on ya Mrs. Hargreaves and Steve (hope they both get well soon)

Now then Neil, it's about time you stumped up for the other 1,500 you tight wad lol

Is it legal to boo Neil if he doesnt pay for ALL the masks? Bloody should be :tango:

On a serious note. Fantastic.

Edited by Chriss

Brilliant gesture and very generous. I'm not a use of facebook or twitter but do Forest know what is going to happen?

The club do

Their fans don't

lol

Even if they did nothing will ready them for the sight of the MASSIVE wearing 3000 Semedo masks

That's an unprecedented thing - can you just imagine what it's going to look like ?

Owlstalk Shop

The red and green Portugal bit still gets on my nerves (i think it must be just me though!!)

But the effort that some people have gone to is well and truly mind blowing.

If it has been mentioned already i apologise, but how about having collection buckets outside to raise funds for future ''away days'' so the entire fan base can contribute.

I'd happily put a few quid in every away match, (if you managed to catch me if we'd won, possibly more than a few quid!)

Last night she nipped onto Facebook and saw some kid having a rant at me saying that I should have bought everyone who is going to the game a mask.

It would have been better if she nutted him!!

Cheers Neil's Mum and Steve!!

Trust me - she would have done if she'd been in the same room

lol

My mum's reyt hard

Owlstalk Shop