THANK YOU MUM !

post-4683-0-92476400-1352381342_thumb.jp

My brilliant mum (Kath) has been reading with interest about the upcoming Jose Semedo Day

She's not going (she's currently really ill as is my amazing stepdad Steve) but they are both die hard Wednesday fans and despite being too ill to make the trip they are looking forward to it as much as those going

Last night she nipped onto Facebook and saw some kid having a rant at me saying that I should have bought everyone who is going to the game a mask.

I tried explaining this isn't a handout situation, and that it's supposed to be a day where all fans get involved, buy scarves, bring flags and balloons and facepaint etc - but it didn't seem to get through

This incensed my mum a bit and so my amazing mum and incredible stepdad Steve have just donated money to the Semedo Day fund to purchase another FOUR HUNDRED Jose Semedo masks

She did this to support her fellow Owls fans in having a TOP day and also motivated by the moaning fan on facebook who just wanted something for nowt without putting any effort in whatsoever to what will be a match that you will remember forever (e.g. Honolulu Norwich)

So there you have it - a prime example of what this day is all about - fans doing something for others and not sitting on the internet begging and moaning about handouts

So thanks to Wednesdayite, Nigel Short, Brell Ewart, Whitehouse Construction, POW Promotional print, our amazing but anonymous donor and now my mum and dad we now have TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT HUNDRED masks going to Nottingham Forest.

And Grimbarian's 20 flags too of course !

These will be given out FREE OF CHARGE

All we ask in return is that you bring portugal stuff/colours to the game... flags, portugal shirts, balloons - anything - so that we can colour up the away end big time and all put our masks on and freak the flip out of Forest and their fans and have the party of our lives (regardless of result)

lol

THANKS MUM AND THANKS STEVE - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY LEGENDS

Wednesday fans....fookin' brilliant....thats why we keep going

Guest intercity0wl

Gutted I ain't got a ticket now, group I'd normally go with decided against this one before the Semedo day events got started. Anyone want to sell me 1 ticket at face value?? PM me if you want rid of a ticket or two

Thanks

Decided against going to Forest away, seems a strange decision, why ???

Guest Big Guns

Decided against going to Forest away, seems a strange decision, why ???

Yes it does even if its cold its one well within my 1.5 hr time zone and is the best away trip of the season..

Guest Deleted member

This is all just BRILLIANT

I love 'some' Wednesday fans

99% of em are whinging moaning fookers though

lol

I thought we'd agreed not to mention our thoughts on this...

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Sheffield Wednesday have been helping us set up Semedo Day and I know the staff and players are really looking forward to it

I asked our James yesterday to see if John Rutherford at SWFC could liase with Nottingham Forest to make Semedo Day as MASSIVE as possible.

Nottingham Forest have traditionally been one of the best clubs to deal with with regards to fan activities, fun and helpful stewards, and genuinely looking after us really well so I was hopeful of a decent response...

See what you think...

Flags: We don’t have much in the way of space for them to be put out. Providing they do not block any signs or cause friction I am happy for them to be brought in. The exception is surfing flags which are NOT permitted.

Masks (for fans who don't already have them from the coaches etc): We will have crowd barriers outside the turnstiles where flags and tickets will be checked before the supporters get to the turnstiles. I am happy for the masks to be handed out after this check and before the turnstiles. We can liaise with the distributer before the game if necessary but staff will have been briefed prior.

Balloons and inflatables: Providing they don’t cause a nuisance then fine. Just ask that they are not bounced around during the game to save chasing them on the pitch

In addition Musical Instruments of any kind are not allowed...

SUPERB response as always from Forest !!

And even better than that.....

They've asked for a load of masks so that their stewards and chief liason officer can wear them with us on the away end and can join in with the fun !

Many thanks to Sheffield Wednesday, John Rutherford, Our James (who looks like Henry Viii), and Nottingham Forest we're ready to go... signed, sealed and delivered.

NOW It's time for YOU..... the Sheffield Wednesday fans to spend the next week planning to eclipse Honolulu Norwich...

SEMEDO DAY - IS GOING TO BE THE BIGGEST, FUNNIEST, MOST EPIC AND BEST AWAY DAY OUT OF ALL TIME

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Well done Neill's mum and step dad... Truefans little copyright sign....

What a fabtastic gesture...

I hope you are both well soon...

best, JBA xxx