Andy Sinton

Guest wadsgod

I hated Andy Sinton.

I thought he was absolutely terrible

A winger that was selected for England yet couldnt beat defenders or deliver a decent cross

Why they hell did we buy Andy Sinton?

then QPR replaced him with Sinclair, who was a much better player IMO

Following the 2 cup finals we needed a centre half, and left winger. Francis signed the current England centre half and left winger. You certainly couldn't knock us for ambition at the time.

I think we needed a centre half and a left winger when Francis first took over in 91. He signed Warhurst who turned out to be a better centre forward than centre half and no left midfielder/winger until after the cup finals as you mentioned. If we had signed a quality CB earlier we could have paired him with Palmer and left Warhurst up front and avoided the whole bust up with Warhurst.

Andy Sinton was manager of Telford not so long ago, don't know if he is still there though.

Going back to Tricky Trev, he gets lots of bad press, he was a very ambitious manager, he wanted lots of internationals and who could blame him, rejected Fergie's multiple attempts to sign Hirst and in his whole time with us think only finished in the bottom half of the Premiership once? Pleat finished lower the following season and kept his job!

still at telford .....

I hated Andy Sinton.

A winger that was selected for England yet couldnt beat defenders or deliver a decent cross

To be fair to Andy Sinton - apparently he had massive issues settling in Sheffield and just wasn't happy

And there we have it sports fans.

Sinton should hve been just what we needed. I remember being so excited by this signing. What a terrible player he turned out to be.

Remember thinking oh its just a bad start neeeds time to settle (gel?) into the team. He never did. Can't remember one good match he played.

Yes another crap signing but we ended up with a few duffers. Jemson, Wim Jonk.

BUT Trevor Francis was a great manager, we won matches went to cup finals beat the Blades at Wembley. I would sooner be where we were when he got saked than where we are now.

How can Neil keep happy clapping Jones and then say Francis was no good. Did Francis ever let us lose so many matches on the trot?

Francis signed two of the three duffers you mention and for big money. The success Francis had (albeit we did not actually win anything) was on the back of Big Ron's team as soon as he started to break that team up an build his own team the decline started. As David Hirst said the team at the time was that good they didn't need a manager.

Could not stand the man, always thought he was bought by Francis as his little spy in the camp,

only an average player who cost us a fortune very similar to downing at Liverpool who is totally

out of his depth and would struggle in our division let alone the prem, another player who never

deserved an england cap but again Mc Claren's little weasel.

My one abiding memory of how bad Sinton was. I think it was a game against Bolton at home. He was playing on left wing and the first time he tried to go past the full back he knocked it outside his man , couldn't beat him for pace and ran it over the goal line. The next time he tried to beat his man, exactly the same happened. This happened a further seven or eight times. Not once did he try and cut inside FFS.

Cracking debut....then it went rapidly downhill

What was it with us and Andy's? Hinchliffe was a complete waste of a paycheck, Booth had the worst scoring record of any top flight striker, Pearce looked like a sunday league defender

Thank god for Blair !

I hated Andy Sinton.

We could have had Trevor Sinclair for £2,000,000 less but opted for Sinton.

I hated Andy Sinton.

Have you nothing better to do?

He was just one of the many reasons why we went £28 million in debt.

Who cares about Sinton on this day of all days. Wednesday have kept a clean sheet.

Hallelujah!!

Bloody hell its taken years - I finally agree with a post made by Neil

The stars must be aligned and that means a 3-0 victory today

Smug mode :cool:

Tony Galvin wer better than sinton.

both very slow, neither could beat a man, both wore socks round their ankles, both huge disappointments