Andy Sinton

Guest Bedders

Trevor Francis started our collapse

Na can't agree......letting a £4.5 million asset go for peanuts to West Ham for just over £1m is where the rot set in! It was all down hill from there!

Don't advocate what Di Canio did (pushed ref over) but even now after all this time they (the refs) still can't get the simple decisions correct! The cracking picture that Neil took of Brown Kung Fu kicking COG in the gentleman's area with the ref looking straight at it summed up the state of officiating to me. 4 of them & they still didn't see it!!! Baffles me!

BUT I do agree I don't think Sinton was a very good purchase.

Edited by Bedders

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Trevor Francis started our collapse

Do you mean he dismantled a winning team, undermined the team spirit, bought in too many players to gel a new team in time?

oh... wait a minute...

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Fact - Neil can post any subject, reply to the first few comments, then stand back and watch us squabble like kids in a playground.

You little rascal, Neil ;-)

UTO :biggrin:

It;s the banner ad per click revenue he;s after, how do you think he is building Owlstalk Towers in the city centre....

I hated Andy Sinton.

I thought he was absolutely terrible

A winger that was selected for England yet couldnt beat defenders or deliver a decent cross

Why they hell did we buy Andy Sinton?

Bloody hell its taken years - I finally agree with a post made by Neil

The stars must be aligned and that means a 3-0 victory today

I hated Andy Sinton.

I thought he was absolutely terrible

A winger that was selected for England yet couldnt beat defenders or deliver a decent cross

Why they hell did we buy Andy Sinton?

for me, the worst buy we ever made. never rated him before he came and he did nothing to change my mind. the start of the downfall

Could not agree more with the OP.

Sinton was, pound for pound, the worst signing in our history IMO. One of the biggest indictments of Francis losing it. Our rot did start with him after the 93 FA Cup Final. No question.

Back to Sinton, my main memory of him is just cutting in on his right foot about 15 yards from the touchline.Then, not actually beating the defender and floating aimless balls that would usually by pass over our players and the ball would roll harmlessly out for a goal kick. Very very over rated by some but nice to see not by most on here! :-)

UTO!

Na can't agree......letting a £4.5 million asset go for peanuts to West Ham for just over £1m is where the rot set in! It was all down hill from there!

Don't advocate what Di Canio did (pushed ref over) but even now after all this time they (the refs) still can't get the simple decisions correct! The cracking picture that Neil took of Brown Kung Fu kicking COG in the gentleman's area with the ref looking straight at it summed up the state of officiating to me. 4 of them & they still didn't see it!!! Baffles me!

BUT I do agree I don't think Sinton was a very good purchase.

40 or 50 years ago if you wanted some patchy refereeing at a world cup you looked to south america for the answer...

the only two things to have gone back further than english football in the following years are british football, and english refereeing...

Sinton should hve been just what we needed. I remember being so excited by this signing. What a terrible player he turned out to be.

Remember thinking oh its just a bad start neeeds time to settle (gel?) into the team. He never did. Can't remember one good match he played.

Yes another crap signing but we ended up with a few duffers. Jemson, Wim Jonk.

BUT Trevor Francis was a great manager, we won matches went to cup finals beat the Blades at Wembley. I would sooner be where we were when he got saked than where we are now.

How can Neil keep happy clapping Jones and then say Francis was no good. Did Francis ever let us lose so many matches on the trot?

One of the worst signings we have ever made, Funny, I was having a discussion about him the other day, anyway, he told me about Sinton and after he got abuse for being sh*t from the crowd he once shouted 'at least I'm richer then you back'........says it all really.