The Point of no Return

Forget about how many games does DJ have left , its all speculation, but I would like to ask , at what point should he go.

1. When we are relegated.

2. Not this season at all, no matter where we finish.

3. Christmas.

4. New Year.

5. A number of games to go.

personally for me its number 5 , but there are a number of people think give him as long as it takes , no matter what, cannot have a word said against DJ. Its their opinion I like most because I want to know when they say enough is enough. I will probably have the usual slateing , but its an opinion I want.

Forget about how many games does DJ have left , its all speculation, but I would like to ask , at what point should he go.

1. When we are relegated.

2. Not this season at all, no matter where we finish.

3. Christmas.

4. New Year.

5. A number of games to go.

personally for me its number 5 , but there are a number of people think give him as long as it takes , no matter what, cannot have a word said against DJ. Its their opinion I like most because I want to know when they say enough is enough. I will probably have the usual slateing , but its an opinion I want.

Contradictory opening sentence. How can we answer your question if we are to forget about speculation? :wacko:

Edited by Almat

Think we need an old head in midfield (noticed that Danny Murphy is only a sub at Blackburn right now - but someone like him just like we had Steve Watson), play 4-4-2 and make sure one of the 2 strikers has some pace.

If that means wheeling and dealing, then get on with it.

For me tomorrow is the crunch game for Dave Jones. If we are losing and not playing very well against the bottom club the fans will turn and when that happens it is next to impossible to win them back.

Fans don't usually turn like that at away games though do they? And even if they did, there's no guarantee it would carry over to Hillsborough. Once it does that though, then the end is nigh.

I can't see the sort of turn around that we need to arrest our slump happening in the near future.

Losses in our next two games will see us bottom and cut adrift - at that point I think Jones will be gone.

If we win our next two games then first of all I'll be pleasantly surprised but it might also give Jones the time needed to stabilise us.

Anything in between I think will just be delaying the inevitable.

If we can't beat Ipswich and/or Peterboro then we aren't good enough to be in this division.

Losses in our next two games will see us bottom and cut adrift - at that point I think Jones will be gone.

I could understand the clamour for his dismissal a little more if a significant gap starts to open up between us and safety. Because then you would have to think in terms of someone (be that Jones or a replacement) having time to realistically bridge that. But as it's currently just 2 points with 34 games left, there is no need for panic yet.

Fans don't usually turn like that at away games though do they? And even if they did, there's no guarantee it would carry over to Hillsborough. Once it does that though, then the end is nigh.

I remember fans at Orient when we lost 4-0 turning against Irvine.

Playing bottom side away 90% of time Wednesday will lose.

2nd half of last season we lost away to Exeter and Chesterfield who were relegated and only drew 0-0 at Rochdale because they missed a late pen.

I remember fans at Orient when we lost 4-0 turning against Irvine.

Playing bottom side away 90% of time Wednesday will lose.

2nd half of last season we lost away to Exeter and Chesterfield who were relegated and only drew 0-0 at Rochdale because they missed a late pen.

I was trying to draw a distinction (not very well, I admit) between just getting pissed off (which happens a lot these days :dry:) and getting to a critical mass where there is no recovering from it.

DJ needs to stay.

We cannot buy a team, we need to build one. League one should always have been so easy for a team of our size, now we need to focus and develop. Swapping managers and backroom staff does little if there is nothing better available. It would be nice, for once, to look at the bigger picture.

I could understand the clamour for his dismissal a little more if a significant gap starts to open up between us and safety. Because then you would have to think in terms of someone (be that Jones or a replacement) having time to realistically bridge that. But as it's currently just 2 points with 34 games left, there is no need for panic yet.

I hear what you are saying but too many times managers are sacked once the (metaphorical) horse has already bolted. Getting the timing right is vital if you are going to change managers. Did we wait too long to sack Laws? I think most of us would agree it was probably a month or so too late. Is there any sign that with Jones in charge our form will change enough to catch teams up above us? Personally, I don't think there is. As much as I like and respect Jones, and acknowledge is record in football I just don't think the fit here is right. Hope I'm proved wrong.