The Point of no Return

I hear what you are saying but too many times managers are sacked once the (metaphorical) horse has already bolted. Getting the timing right is vital if you are going to change managers. Did we wait too long to sack Laws? I think most of us would agree it was probably a month or so too late. Is there any sign that with Jones in charge our form will change enough to catch teams up above us? Personally, I don't think there is. As much as I like and respect Jones, and acknowledge is record in football I just don't think the fit here is right. Hope I'm proved wrong.

You're probably right about Laws, especially given what Lee Strafford subsequently revealed.

But whilst there can be clear evidence and examples of changes being made too late it is much more difficult to demonstrate the opposite because there is no future for them with which to compare against their successor.

You're probably right about Laws, especially given what Lee Strafford subsequently revealed.

But whilst there can be clear evidence and examples of changes being made too late it is much more difficult to demonstrate the opposite because there is no future for them with which to compare against their successor.

Agreed - big gamble which can only be judged as successful if the new guy comes in and does what is required. Jones last season was seen as successful but who knows if Megson (with Antonio in the side) would have done the same?

Not an easy decision for those who actually have to make it.

The thing is, how can we be certain when a short run of good or bad form will develop into something longer?

Looking at last season, we made a rotten start, then ripped up the league for a couple of months, then slumped again at the turn of the year before Jones came in and we stormed to glory. So in one season alone there were a number of points where incorrect assumptions could have been made based on the preceding half dozen games or so. Who can say for sure if we're not on the verge of something similar at the moment?

But whilst there can be clear evidence and examples of changes being made too late it is much more difficult to demonstrate the opposite because there is no future for them with which

to compare against their successor.

In Milan we trust.He and he alone will make the decision and as always the timing will be right.

Guest Hola Tidman

Im going to apply for the job if he gets sacked. Im pretty sure if MM gave me an interview id be able to persuade him im exactly what is needed, simply because i do know what is needed.

A bit of a clear out of players who arent good enough, including recent signings and starting with a more manageable squad size. Let the team know who my first 11 is and get them playing with a very attacking mind set again.

We cant defend so lets outscore the opponent like we were in the first few games of the season.

And i promise i will still come on here and listen to all the owltalkers opinions, even though half of you dont have coaching badges.

What DJ is doing to build the club through our U18 and U21 squads is fantastic and will reap great rewards in the future, how long has acadamy been a laughing stock especially compared to our neighbours.

I would hate to see that job left half done, but it's the first team results that count and eventually his time will run out but I am still confident (not like me) that come feb we will be wondering why we were panicking!

Please god! Amen :))

Edited by shez owl