A winger.....

JJ and Antonio in the same side usually = a frustrating afternoon, attacking though it seems on paper.

It does seem attacking, but its a bit like attacking somebody whilst drunk on a night out, you can probably go at them all night, but you are never going to land a telling shot, and will probably end up falling over your own feet

Edited by leea8331

John Sheridan was deemed not good enough for Forest or Leeds. Keith Treacy is everything we need right now. Our present team is unbalanced.

That's starnge, because he played more games for Leeds than for any other club. He failed at Forest because of the eccentricities of their manager, but the suggestion he wasn't considered good enough for Leeds is just daft.

That's starnge, because he played more games for Leeds than for any other club. He failed at Forest because of the eccentricities of their manager, but the suggestion he wasn't considered good enough for Leeds is just daft.

Not at all wolfie. He was not getting a shirt under Howard Wilkinson at the time he left. Vinnie Jones however was a regular starter.

An alternative option to our current wide options wouldn't be a bad thing.

This 4-5-1 system demands that our front players show a bit more composure when they get into key positions.

Treacy wouldn't be a bad shout.

Might sound daft but i think we already have the required wingers at the club. I genuinely cant see why people are on Antonios back i seem him as a better performer so far this season, ok id like to see more but I think hes done enough to evade the "hes not what we thought" criticism.

It's funny that the commentary on Sky covering the game last Friday v Leeds started making remarks about Antonio's delivery in the final third and the lo and behold one or two make comments.

He's one of the most explosive and confident wingers we've had for many a year.....tell me how many we've had in recent times that have got the ball down facing goal and actually been prepared to run at players??? There isn't.......

It's funny that the commentary on Sky covering the game last Friday v Leeds started making remarks about Antonio's delivery in the final third and the lo and behold one or two make comments.

He's one of the most explosive and confident wingers we've had for many a year.....tell me how many we've had in recent times that have got the ball down facing goal and actually been prepared to run at players??? There isn't.......

^^ trying to post from a phone... ball ache.

I don't need a Sky commentator to point out Antonio's weakness to me, thank you very much. It's perfectly obvious if you actually go to the matches and observe for yourself.

I think you'll find I acknowledged Antonio's ability to create by going on runs, and shooting. So I don't feel the need to dwell on your question about the last time we had such a player. The answer is JJ anyway in case you were wondering. See the point I made above.

With regard to my main point though, maybe you'd like to count the times Antonio has got the ball down, ran at players AND produced a telling or decisive cross or pass since he joined us? It ain't gonna take the fingers of both hands.

I like Antonio, and believe he will develop. But him & JJ in the same side are too alike, with too little end result, explosive confidence or not.

^^ trying to post from a phone... ball ache.

I don't need a Sky commentator to point out Antonio's weakness to me, thank you very much. It's perfectly obvious if you actually go to the matches and observe for yourself.

I think you'll find I acknowledged Antonio's ability to create by going on runs, and shooting. So I don't feel the need to dwell on your question about the last time we had such a player. The answer is JJ anyway in case you were wondering. See the point I made above.

With regard to my main point though, maybe you'd like to count the times Antonio has got the ball down, ran at players AND produced a telling or decisive cross or pass since he joined us? It ain't gonna take the fingers of both hands.

I like Antonio, and believe he will develop. But him & JJ in the same side are too alike, with too little end result, explosive confidence or not.

Huh? Correct me if I'm wrong here but I made no quote of your post......

For the record I do go to the matches and also observe for myself and sorry to disagree with you but Antonio did run with the ball consistently against Leeds and I can count on more than one hand how many times he did that in just one game.....his crossing isn't the greatest true but big deal if he ends up scoring a few goals from the wing as no-one else in midfield is doing that at the moment.

No-one was criticising Antonio's delivery in the final third until last week.....show me the evidence to say that people were. Pointing out JJ's weakness in delivery is fairly obvious IMO he's been the same ever since he's been at the club.

Based on performances I would drop Antonio, our policy of two wingers isnt working, something has to change and maybe try to play narrow.

go with 4 in midfield (semedo, Barkley, corry, McCabe(if fit)) then rodri (madine) & bothroyd up front, if it needs to be more attacking later in the game JJ, Antonio COG can change how we play.

Either way something has to change!!

Huh? Correct me if I'm wrong here but I made no quote of your post......

For the record I do go to the matches and also observe for myself and sorry to disagree with you but Antonio did run with the ball consistently against Leeds and I can count on more than one hand how many times he did that in just one game.....his crossing isn't the greatest true but big deal if he ends up scoring a few goals from the wing as no-one else in midfield is doing that at the moment.

No-one was criticising Antonio's delivery in the final third until last week.....show me the evidence to say that people were. Pointing out JJ's weakness in delivery is fairly obvious IMO he's been the same ever since he's been at the club.

Fair enough, you didn't quote my post, but i assumed i was one of the "one or two" making comments about Antonio.... seeing as i did. So if you weren't including me in that group, i include myself.

You can't disagree with me about Antonio not consistently making runs, because i've never said that he doesn't. It's his end product that i've questioned. And as for making allowances for it if he or JJ are scoring... well they're not, so it continues to be an issue.

For the record, it might be the first time i've mentioned Antonio's lack of delivery on here, but i've always thought it. Like i said, it's so obvious. Why are people mentioning it now? Because with JJ & Antonio in the same side, and that side losing, it's so painfully obvious.

Fair enough, you didn't quote my post, but i assumed i was one of the "one or two" making comments about Antonio.... seeing as i did. So if you weren't including me in that group, i include myself.

You can't disagree with me about Antonio not consistently making runs, because i've never said that he doesn't. It's his end product that i've questioned. And as for making allowances for it if he or JJ are scoring... well they're not, so it continues to be an issue.

For the record, it might be the first time i've mentioned Antonio's lack of delivery on here, but i've always thought it. Like i said, it's so obvious. Why are people mentioning it now? Because with JJ & Antonio in the same side, and that side losing, it's so painfully obvious.

I read it afterwards mate so apologies if you thought I was directing the post at you more of a general comment.

You're right people are mentioning it now we are losing and yes it is painfully obvious. I don't think the issue is with Antonio as for me his work-rate is probably one of the best in the team if not the best......JJ (although not putting the boot in) has been the same player since we've had him, quality for the first handful of games and then very very hit and miss with both work-rate and end product.

The bigger underlying issues have been an unsettled defence, I think there has been one game where we haven't had to make at least one change defensively and that's what's killed us as has the lack of creativity in midfield. Its a question of the right formula in terms of the balance of the team having the players that will do the very ugly stuff well for us and for the players like Antonio to do something with the ball once we have it.

I honestly do not think we are very far away from getting the balance right and starting to turn this around....the run started with bad luck at Palace and should have ended against Leeds after the handball but just typical for that not to be seen for us not to get a penalty and for an ex-pig to pop up and bang a screamer in.

It will change unless the players heads go down and we take a real thumping I just haven't seen evidence to suggest we are that far apart from the teams that are beating us at the moment for it to happen.